Gigablue Quad Image report

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I have decided to play around with the new set of images, such as Openatv 5.3, the openvix-4.1.014. , PLI and other images. In the space of a few days I tried them all, but the interesting thing is I came across some Turkish sites and they have some interesting things going ;)

So after playing with a few backups that I uploaded (but found them to be too full of unneeded stuff I took a clean openvix image, and loaded it with the plugins as can bee seen in the picture below. Image can be found here for instance or google it
_ww.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/gigablue-images/gigablue-hd-quad-plus/

Info.jpg

After installing the image, sorting out the tuners and network, you can begin to sort out the image. I also installed all the available software updates. So you need to download plugins. Most of the interesting stuff can be downloaded from the Lokium website, for instance here: _ww.lokumsat.esy.es/DEPO/index.php?dir=Lokumsat_2.0/LokumSAT_Plugins/

plugins.jpg

The LokumsatCam manger is needed, the Aussoftcam and Power*updater,
I would also go for the Panda one, google it up for a download:
enigma2-plugin-extensions-panda-freeiptv_v.2.00_all.rar

The Clearmem plugin is one I have not used before, but it was installed on one of the backups I was trying out, and I suspect it is required if you want to use the plugins.

How would I go about it: Install all the plugins. Download the settings I have attached, and using Dreamboxedit program import the "..Stream-Relay" channels into your settings. These are not regular channels, but relayed through your cam. Click on the "Aus" and let it do its business. Then open the power updater and click for instance on the 4w update and au update. Then go back to the Lokumcam manger, and restart the Oscam. Then try out. I clicked a lot of updates, Au's, and in the end I managed to get most of the channels to work. Not all, but many. I think it may work best if you update one satellite at a time and restart the cam. And you got to be patient, it takes a bit of time. If you klick too fast it will cause the box to crash. Other than the channels from the list, there is stuff on SRG on 13 east, ESPN on 15west, Diema on 39E and maybe some other stuff. Worked for me when I tried it.

By the way, I went to the standard skin, as I had a feeling the more complex ones were causing the image to crash, in combination with the plugins I was using.

Last one, open the Panda plugin, install for instance the "Sport" entry, and it will create in your channel list an entry called something like "Pandasat_Sport". You can then click on these channels (which are streams) and you can watch them on your TV. So it depends a bit if you got a good internet connection. I found that many work, but not all. Once ein a while you can open the plugin and click on the yellow update button, then the channel list will be updated.

So, go on play with your Gigabox ;)

Attachments

• Settings PV.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 6
A

archive10

This was very entertaining to read. For a reason....

WIth the risk of getting the usual "yes any word is bound to mean something in some language"-look, I am happy to share that "Lokum" in Danish translates directly into "the Bog", or "crap house".
So, "Lokum-sat" translates to "crappy-sat", and "lokum-cam" is similarly not a high-value endorsement of a piece of technology...
But maybe even worse than that...
:)

(Yes, I know that Lokum is latin for place, or rather "the place", and hence is found in many languages having been influenced by latin, and that you can get Turkish sweets that are called Lokum and so on. Still funny though!)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
OK, I tried this morning yet another image, "openspa-6.0-gbquadplus-20160616_usb.zip"
I have to say, at the moment this seems to be the best of the lot. Very stable, and for one it seems a genuinely different image than the rest. All the plugins and things that I described worked a treat on this imaqge, and it did not crash yet.
One thing I noted immeadiately is that the password for the gigablue quad is "openspa" . Also, to install stuff from the "tmp" directory you need to thr SPA panel, then Explorer and press on the tmp. I downloaded the "blue and black" skin, that had the most downloads so I guessed it was the best.

This image is really cool, I will test it some more but for me this is the pick of the lot. I suggest you check it out!!
open spa 1.jpg open spa 1.jpg open spa 2.jpg

Attachments

• open spa 3.jpg
    open spa 3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 6

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
In case anybody is interested, the new "E2enigma2-plugin-extensions-LokumCAMManager_2.4_HD_all" has some nice additions, I uninstalled my old version, got this new one installed and it works great ;)
grab