Going by the rules, using common sense

notwobe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 dishes (hotbird and Astra) 2 Dreambox (7000 and 7025)
My Location
Germany
A recent thread related to installing a hard drive in a DB 7025 was closed because the original poster made the mistake of mentioning 7025c instead of 7025. As anyone knows, the installation of a HD in a 7025 has nothing to do with the nature of its tuner(s) and I find hard to believe the question was kicked out on the ground that the 7025c in not intended for satellite use.

Although probably technically right, this decision goes a long way into saying how friendly this forum is for naive users asking a bona fide question. I believe we should strive on helping others using the same hardware we are using and unless they use it as door steps, or for an openly illegal purpose, we should let them ask questions and get help, even if they technically do not phrase their question the way some cybercop wants them to.

Sorry, but I had to vent my frustration. I am just trying to help others when and if I can, and to learn from others.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
I think you make a fair point, but as with anything the line has to be drawn somewhere and if you keep moving it on an individual basis it would get very confusing as to what is ok and not ok to post.

It would open up a real can of worms the next time there is a VM keyroll and a few cable boys have had help of some description already. :-Nooo to cable

Just my 2p worth:)

Rick

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Our rules say no cable chat. End of story - no cable discussions of any sort allowed

A nonymous

Reaction score
Rules are rules unfortunately, so i have to agree with Analoguesat on this one :eek:

I too have fallen fowl of this rule too on one occasion and had my fingers rapped by forum admin for talking about a dbox2c which i owned briefly even though i owned both dbox2s and dbox2c

This is a friendly forum as long as you stick to the rules and don't talk about anything to do with cable whatsoever :-righton

Cable help can be found over at Techwatch forum which has a section that deals with this rather decidedly dodgy subject :D

:-beer

Nano

FredS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
using Humax 5400+Dreambox DM7025, on dish Astra -one Hotbird, one 2 LNB Siruis / Thor
My Location
Belgium & Spain
notwobe said:
A recent thread related

Sorry, but I had to vent my frustration. I am just trying to help others when and if I can, and to learn from others.

Thanks for your comments guy’s , but with all respect for the forum rules and the fact that you have to drawn a line somewhere , I could not understand why my topic was closed , a bit more explanation on this one could have been helpful for a newbie on this forum , but I am not at all new on satellite viewing ,
However , what I understand from the above topics is that it looks like I am on cable , I am not at all on cable , even don’t have it , not in Belgium or at my Spain location , I have at both places a disk on Astra , on Hotbird and one with 2 lnb for Sirus / Thor , this for 15 years , using Humax 5400 and Arion receivers .
Looks like it is the “ c “ behind 7025 that makes the confusion . I bought this SAT receiver 3 weeks ago and the shop Mgr. told me that the C ( mention on the invoice only ) stands for the new software in it , needed for the card sharing and that’s it . now looking at the front panel from the receiver it say’s 7025+ , one would get confused for less or it’s maybe only a B.S. sales story .
However , I have managed now to initialize the hard disk , and yes as said before the menu layout is different from the manual , for one whom would be interested , the hard disk can be found now under - Menu – blue-panel – nr 5 - device manager , and using green + blue button for initialize and set up , but I had to repeat this a few time before it would work.
Thanks anyway to rick1980 and notwobe for their reaction

Fred

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
FredS said:
Thanks for your comments guy’s , but with all respect for the forum rules and the fact that you have to drawn a line somewhere , I could not understand why my topic was closed , a bit more explanation on this one could have been helpful for a newbie on this forum , but I am not at all new on satellite viewing ,

Immediate action is necessary to stop all the webcrawlers i.e. googleslurp etc from indexing undesirable words within posts and stb references in posts, if action is not taken quickly to remove the information the next time someone googles the offending word and it has been indexed it begins a cycle of revisits and further posts simply perpetuating the problem until it becomes unmanageable. Like a cancer it is far cleaner to remove the offending tissue as soon as diagnosed to stop the spread

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
With Dreamboxes, the C after the model number designates c a b l e.
You can post again in a new thread the same question, just make sure this time to indicate that the receiver is for satellite.

Edit:
Never mind, I will just open the thread again.

Eggs_n_Beans

Its good to share
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
DM600PVR
clone 500s
skystar2
2x80cm
2x h-h mounts
My Location
SW FRANCE
You could have just modded the C to an S surely.

notwobe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 dishes (hotbird and Astra) 2 Dreambox (7000 and 7025)
My Location
Germany
Well, from the answers to my original posts, it looks like a PM to the original poster would have quickly cleared the issue, in a polite and friendly manner.

I would be the last to criticize the need of implementing rules, but as everybody can experience in dayly life, there is a better way to implement them efficient than to be abrupt. Next time you get stopped for a minor driving offense, the difference will be obvious to you.

At no point did the OP mention the word cable and the question asked had absolutely no bearing with cable. There the mere presence of a "c" might have been put in perspective ... After all, connecting a HD in all cases involves dealing with cable(s) :-). Must be difficult to deal with the subject without risking the guillotine!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
All moderators and admin try to apply the rules in a sensible way. However occasionally a mistake can be made,as in life, but we are a reasonable lot, and will try to rectify the odd mistake that is made. In this case this was done.

There is no mileage in trying to get the rules applied in a different way, what we have now works vey well in my opinion.

Yes, the PM system is there, but some members choose not to accept them, and peronally I'd rather not get into a discussion about the whys and wherefores when a rule is broken, the infraction system is quicker and easier, and allows all admin and other mods to see why an infraction was given so that they can see if it was justified or not.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
The original poster could have responded immediately in another new post, clarifying the matter, but he chose to wait several days until he posted again.

We get many posts where new members post their very first post asking questions in a deceitful and obscure manner, and helpful members do their best to help them and only after few posts it turns out they they actually tried to hide the facts that their system is not a satellite one.

This is mainly a satellite forum, and we try to preserve our resources ONLY to this hobby, so that our loyal members can get their fair share of help, as this is what they expect from such a website.

We have a welcome thread where new members can introduce themselves and talk a little about their system.
It is a nice way of getting to know new members and can help with subsequent posts.
It is never too late to do so even after many posts.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/meeting-place/28590-welcome-forum.html

FredS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
using Humax 5400+Dreambox DM7025, on dish Astra -one Hotbird, one 2 LNB Siruis / Thor
My Location
Belgium & Spain
HB13DISH said:
The original poster could have responded immediately in another new post, clarifying the matter, but he chose to wait several days until he posted again.QUOTE]

Moderator , Thanks
Fully understood your point and massage , as said I have no problem with rules or whatever and every game as to be played by the rules that’s clear . I had no idea that the C was standing for cable just mentioned what the guy told me briefly at sales point , would never mentioned it as it was clear to me that this is a SAT only forum .
My late reaction was because I was 2 days on the road and when open the blog , was surprised to learn the topic was blocked . Needed a bit time to figure out what I could have done wrong .
Still wondered why the front panel as 7025X on it and not S in this case , additionally , just learned from the sales guy that from 1 august onwards there will a new 7025 plus model available with new display and better power supply , he could have told me that 3 week ago but they have to get rid of the old models first ,
Thanks anyway
Fred

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hello Fred,
Thank you for your message and understanding.
Now that everything is clear, I hope that you will find this forum useful.
We certainly have the most helpful members in Europe in the area of satellites and other reception methods like terrestrial, IPTV, Slingboxes, you name it.
We even have a jokes section so that members can put a smile on their faces.
Welcome to the forum Fred.:)

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
FredS said:
just learned from the sales guy that from 1 august onwards there will a new 7025 plus model available with new display and better power supply
If he is trying to suggest that the DM7025+ is a new model, he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. The DM7025+ has been on the scene for a few years now. In fact there are newer models, the DM100 (SD), DM600 (SD), DM800 (HD), DM8000 (HD twin tuner).