Has the strength of Hispasat 30w improved recently?

pandarock32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky uk, Fransat (Cgv E-sat HD-W), hispasat 30w (TDT SAT)
My Location
England
Hi all
I have a tdt sat box (like freesat for Spain) which uses the hispasat satellite at 30w. Ever since I've had the service, reception has never been good, with some channels missing nearly all the time, and nothing in any rain even with an 70cm dish. The satellite dish itself was checked multiple times, and an acceptable signal level was shown, however the box always registered low signal quality. However, in the last month, the signal has suddenly strengthened, with all channels available. All channels now say they are 'definitive': I looked it up, and apparently Spain has only just completely switched to digital. Do you know if the satellite was strengthened because of this? I'm very happy service has improved, I'm just not sure if it is a fluke or permanent :)

dxn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Prime-focus 2,10m, 0,2 LNB Black Inverto, TBS6983 dvbcard, Octagon SF4008 4K,
Dreambox7020HD, NOS cable 200mb, Tivusat, TDTsat Spain, TDT Portugal.
My Location
Estoril - Portugal
Hi all
I have a tdt sat box (like freesat for Spain) which uses the hispasat satellite at 30w. Ever since I've had the service, reception has never been good, with some channels missing nearly all the time, and nothing in any rain even with an 70cm dish. The satellite dish itself was checked multiple times, and an acceptable signal level was shown, however the box always registered low signal quality. However, in the last month, the signal has suddenly strengthened, with all channels available. All channels now say they are 'definitive': I looked it up, and apparently Spain has only just completely switched to digital. Do you know if the satellite was strengthened because of this? I'm very happy service has improved, I'm just not sure if it is a fluke or permanent :)

Here I don't notice anny diference, signal is strong as ever.
They changed on Abril several frequencys, some are on Hispasat 1E wich is stronger, maybe is the cause of that.