help!!!! no signal!!

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
hello everybody,
I am new about this. my passion+ receiver had been shut down power after the welcome screen automatic yesterday. so I update the passion+ latest av127fs (10 June 2010) firmware, ok , then this time it is working but I couldn't find any signal at all!!! I tried to move the dish again and copy the other vision firmware but it is still nothing happened. Is the receiver broken already? I use monoblock lnb(hotbird 13 and astra 19.2e) which is working ok before this. can anybody help me out this? thanks a lot!

Mark

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You need to make sure that you are using a valid transponder for the satellite you require and that your diseqc 1.0 settings are correct. Also that the dish is aligned properly.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, might be worth checking the LNb and DiSEqC 1.0 configuration on the receiver after the upgrade.

Edit: Beaten to it.

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
thanks for the quick response,Robbo. I tried to scan using different transponders but it got nothing either in hotbird or astra 19.2 or 28.2. But when I use signal finder, it sounds got very strong signal. what can I do then?

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
hi, I am sure I set up the right configuration after upgrade.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Sine you have moved the dish, you may have put it on the wrong satellite.

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
Robbo said:
Sine you have moved the dish, you may have put it on the wrong satellite.

all right, i am trying to move the dish....

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
satelliteman said:
In case your not familiar with monbloc set up/alignment, this guide may be of some help > http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...133694-offset-lnb-monobloc-lnb-guide-pdf.html

there always were signal either strong or weak before the upgrade but right now the signal is keeping freezing whatever moved the dish. As I mentioned,the reason I upgrade the firmware because the power shut down immediately after the welcome pics so I think there are problems in the receiver as I changed to the single LNB for the test but still nothing there. anyone has the same experience before? or should I buy a new receiver? any suggestion? thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Try the receiver on another satellite system (even a Sky installed one). That will confirm if the front end is working or not.

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
Channel Hopper said:
Try the receiver on another satellite system (even a Sky installed one). That will confirm if the front end is working or not.
sorry, I don't know how to get another satellite system, could you tell me details? or is that meaning I just choose anther satellite as a default for scan?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As CH isn't logged on right now, I'll take the liberty of explaining what was meant: Take your receiver to where a friend or neighbour with a Satellite dish (including a Sky one) lives, connect it to that and establish if the receiver works properly or not.

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
Tivù said:
As CH isn't logged on right now, I'll take the liberty of explaining what was meant: Take your receiver to where a friend or neighbour with a Satellite dish (including a Sky one) lives, connect it to that and establish if the receiver works properly or not.

thanks for explanation. I will try it later

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
hi, thanks for help from everybody, the problem had been solved. I downloaded the original firmware(maybe not original but definitely old vision) so that I could find the satellites. But there are new problems. the monobloc had been marked as receiving hotbird13e & astra 19.2. But I can get part of channels from hotbird and most channels from astra 28.2(although some of them are not working). I couldn't find any channel from the astra19.2. As I got 28.2, it is ok for me. But I want international channels from hotbird13e like CCTV4,NTD. I tried many times to adjust the dish but it's still not working.The freq for cctv4 is 12149 V 27500 3/4. I can get signal serching by 12149 V 27500 auto but no any channel on this. The system is 800mm dish, monobloc of hotbird 13 and astra 19.2,and set up h13 for DiSEqC A part1, asrta 19.2 for DiSEqC B part2. could you help me out as I am desperate want this channel for my parents?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A monoblock is not going to receive signals from 13 and 28 from the same dish. If you can write down a list of the programmes you have got then somebody here may be able to identify which satellites you are pointing at.

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
Channel Hopper said:
A monoblock is not going to receive signals from 13 and 28 from the same dish. If you can write down a list of the programmes you have got then somebody here may be ale to identify which satellites you are pointing at.

thanks there is a list .
channels from 28: BBC1&2&3&4, Itv1&HD, BBC NEWS24,CBBC,CBeebies, and over 50channels (free 2 air)(couldn't got channel 4,film4,ITV2&3&4 etc)
channels from 13: (no BBC,ITV,Channel4) CCTV-9, PCNE, Abu Dhabi TV, TV Travelshop 2, BEN, mta-muslim tv, Islam Channel, Movies4Men,Movies4Men +1,Movies4Men 2,Movies4Men 2+1 ,True Movie,True Movies 2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No - all those Channels are from 28E.

What you have done is scan the Hotbird stored Transponder list while the LNB/Dish is aligned to 28E. As many common frequencies are re-used across the arc, in general terms if you scan a stored "Satellite" you'll get some results but they are nevertheless not Hotbird Channels. All a "Satellite" is , as far as the Receiver is concerned, is a data table. Imagine editing the "Satellite Name" to read "The Satellite I Am Currently Aligned To" and the penny will drop.

So not only is your dish aligned to 28E, but it is possible that your DiSEqC settings for the Monoblock aren't correct.

Basically you need to swing the dish around to 19.2E or 13E (depending upon which part of the Monoblock is clamped in the collar), check your DiSEqC settings and scan both Satellites again.

pepsiwang2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lbn
My Location
london
Tivù said:
No - all those Channels are from 28E.

What you have done is scan the Hotbird stored Transponder list while the LNB/Dish is aligned to 28E. As many common frequencies are re-used across the arc, in general terms if you scan a stored "Satellite" you'll get some results but they are nevertheless not Hotbird Channels. All a "Satellite" is , as far as the Receiver is concerned, is a data table. Imagine editing the "Satellite Name" to read "The Satellite I Am Currently Aligned To" and the penny will drop.
So not only is your dish aligned to 28E, but it is possible that your DiSEqC settings for the Monoblock aren't correct.

Basically you need to swing the dish around to 19.2E or 13E (depending upon which part of the Monoblock is clamped in the collar), check your DiSEqC settings and scan both Satellites again.
thanks guys! follow your instruction, it seems got the hotbird only but I still couldn't find CCTV 4. Am I so stupid? I got 70% of channels in this page list _http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/hotbird_13e.html (no signal fron astra 19.2 at all)
the setting is :(I set 13 as the prime focus aligned LN:cool:
hotbird
DiSEqC: A
LNB Freq: univeral;
transponder 12140v27500 3/4
LNB Power: On
0/12v control: off
positioner setup: off
DiSEqc1.1: part1

Astra:
DiSEqC: B
transponder 10744 H 22000 5/6
DiSEqc1.1: part2
what else should I do then?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Next thing is to put up some pics .................

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
pepsiwang2010 said:
thanks guys! follow your instruction, it seems got the hotbird only but I still couldn't find CCTV 4. Am I so stupid? I got 70% of channels in this page list _http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/hotbird_13e.html (no signal fron astra 19.2 at all)
the setting is :(I set 13 as the prime focus aligned LN:cool:
hotbird
DiSEqC: A
transponder 12140v27500 3/4
DiSEqc1.1: part1

Astra:
DiSEqC: B
transponder 10744 H 22000 5/6
DiSEqc1.1: part2
what else should I do then?

Why complicate matters? Turn DiseqC 1.1 off, as you are using DiseqC 1.0 (A & :cool:.