Help offered in Den Haag area

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
If anyone around Den Haag area needs English speaking help setting up a system feel free to get in touch. Will consider travelling further subject to availability.

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 &DM88HD & humax5400z&
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
is it in Netherlands

lizirvine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a portable satellite dish for my balcony which needs to be set up to my Freesat digital receiver
My Location
Voorburg
Can you help me assemble a portable dish on my appartment balcony in Voorburg and connect up to Freesat?
Thank you in advance

shareguardh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gbox
My Location
netherlands
hi did you fix it or not yet if u need to install it you can msn me or if u need all channels to watch just buy a dreambox and i can provide u with all the channels you want also very good price

pimpala

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a satellite system and needs to set up.
My Location
Den Haag
Hi ,

I have a satellite system. I already use it at the astra, but i`d like to use it at Hotbird , so i need someone who can set it up.
I live in Den Haag.

Thanks a lot

VP800

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have none, I am looking for advice
My Location
Netherlands, Den Haag
Hi,
I am looking to set up my own dish in den haag.
I currently have tele2 and I am less than impressed with BBC prime.

Could I please have beginner friendly advice on a nice and cheap, low maintainance way to watch BBC 1,2 anything else is a big plus!

If it helps to know my dad was waaaaaaaay into his satelite so I think his garage is stuffed full of classic/outdated Gold/tat! (will be in UK in 1 week to plunder!)

Many thanks in advance (or Dank u wel if you are in the NL too!)

Veronica

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
Dear All,

sorry for having seen your requests only now. I don't know who still needs help but by date VP800 is the most recent one.

Hi Veronica,

You are lucky because you can watch all the BBC, ITV etc etc channels for free with a simple sat-receiver and a small dish pointed to Astra 28.2 est.

What do you have exactly?

Ciao!

VP800

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Netherlands, Den Haag
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate your advice :)
I dont have anything here in the NL, but i am sure my dad has bucket loads in the uk. I will call daddio and get back to you.

Could you tell me what your wish list would be so I can be more specific with him?

thanks
Veronica

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
VP800 said:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate your advice :)
I dont have anything here in the NL, but i am sure my dad has bucket loads in the uk. I will call daddio and get back to you.

Could you tell me what your wish list would be so I can be more specific with him?

thanks
Veronica

the list is very simple and cheap :):

1 Digital Receiver
1 Dish Satellite 50, 60 cm
1 LNB (Low Noise Block)
1 Satellite Dish Bracket (it dipence on where you can/ have to install the dish:wall or balcony)

ciao

VP800

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Netherlands, Den Haag
Ciao!

I had a chat with the Uk and it seems he has this for me;
- sky receiver ds440n pace (230 V) from 2007
- several LNB
- many cables
he also has a dish but says it might be difficult checking it in as luggage.

I was also told that maybe it would be best to get a sky subscription (registered in UK) and use that. But I have my doubts as sky requires a fixed uk landline connection (or so i thought).

thanks,

Veronica

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
VP800 said:
Ciao!

I had a chat with the Uk and it seems he has this for me;
- sky receiver ds440n pace (230 V) from 2007
- several LNB
- many cables
he also has a dish but says it might be difficult checking it in as luggage.

I was also told that maybe it would be best to get a sky subscription (registered in UK) and use that. But I have my doubts as sky requires a fixed uk landline connection (or so i thought).

thanks,

Veronica

That's a good start! but I don't know if the ds440n pace has been bought or just rent it by your daddy as one day you must return it tu Sky.
In any case a sky subscription can be an option but expensive.
If you like to watch all the BBC channels then you don't need to pay a penny. It's up to you.
The dish can and some other minor stuff can be bought in Den Haag without problems.
Please, check at 13.00 or 14.00 o'clock where the sun is because the dish will be pointed in that direction (more or less of course). Especially check if or where the dish can be installed in order to point it in that direction.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
LAURO2008 said:
That's a good start! but I don't know if the ds440n pace has been bought or just rent it by your daddy as one day you must return it tu Sky.

Not true, once you have started the subscription, the equipment remains yours. Sky do not want it back under any circumstances (they will take the full years subscription and install charges from your bank though if you default within the first year).

LAURO2008 said:
Please, check at 13.00 or 14.00 o'clock where the sun is because the dish will be pointed in that direction (more or less of course). Especially check if or where the dish can be installed in order to point it in that direction.

Astra 2 is positioned at 28.2 East, in Holland the sun is in a similar position at around 11/11.30 am.

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
Channel Hopper said:
Not true, once you have started the subscription, the equipment remains yours. Sky do not want it back under any circumstances (they will take the full years subscription and install charges from your bank though if you default within the first year).

Astra 2 is positioned at 28.2 East, in Holland the sun is in a similar position at around 11/11.30 am.

Thanks for the preciseness ;)....although in Italy I had to return it and for the sun position I clearly wrote "more or less of course" :cool:

Anyhow, I'm trying to help here....so please....

VP800

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Netherlands, Den Haag
hey, so thank you for the advice guys,

Have checked with Dadio and he did indeed buy the box less than a year ago (he has replaced it with a HD one but seemed a bit sore about it none the less!). and says he doesnt think that they will want it back.

I will bring the box, LNB and cables back with me to the NL this weekend.
It seems that i will buy a disk here in NL, is there a section on this webpage for selling/buying of legitimate dishes?

Have guessed the sun position from last weekend's garden antics and it seems that the sun will be at about 13:00 across the back of my place. I am on the ground floor but there is a balcony above me that I might be able to attach it to (after the proper neighbourly comunication/permission of course!)

whats next?! :D

Veronica

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
VP800 said:
hey, so thank you for the advice guys,

Have checked with Dadio and he did indeed buy the box less than a year ago (he has replaced it with a HD one but seemed a bit sore about it none the less!). and says he doesnt think that they will want it back.

I will bring the box, LNB and cables back with me to the NL this weekend.
It seems that i will buy a disk here in NL, is there a section on this webpage for selling/buying of legitimate dishes?

Have guessed the sun position from last weekend's garden antics and it seems that the sun will be at about 13:00 across the back of my place. I am on the ground floor but there is a balcony above me that I might be able to attach it to (after the proper neighbourly comunication/permission of course!)

whats next?! :D

Veronica

OK Veronica...well done!

Now, I don't know where you leave in Den Haag but the Turkish sat shops are very well equiped and cheap...there try to get a 60 cm dish satellite and some meters of cable. You/we can place the dish also on the ground floor. It is very important NOT to have obstacles right in front the dish...like trees, houses etc etc.

You might consider to send me in PM (private message) your address and/or phone number...also because we need to see the right brachet to hold the dish.

PS Your dad's receiver is ok but do not forget to bring the remote control too:)

Ciao

VP800

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Netherlands, Den Haag
Hi,
I cant find the PM option... its probably somewhere really simple :S
I brought the box (and remote) to the NL, so I will get a dish this week from a shop in DH.
when i find the PM option i can msg you where I am etc and maybe if you have time (and i have a dish) we can make satellite magic happen!
:)
Hope you are well and enjoying the sunny weather!

Veronica

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
VP800 said:
Hi,
I cant find the PM option... its probably somewhere really simple :S
I brought the box (and remote) to the NL, so I will get a dish this week from a shop in DH.
when i find the PM option i can msg you where I am etc and maybe if you have time (and i have a dish) we can make satellite magic happen!
:)
Hope you are well and enjoying the sunny weather!

Veronica

Yep...the weather is so fantastic in NL :)...

I just tried to send you a Private Message but I got back "VP800 has chosen not to receive private messages"...that's funny:-rofl2
Anyway, well done to bring here the receiver...now the dish (20 euro)+LNB (5 euro)...then I have to see how/where to place it and what kind of bracket you need

Ciao

madcat1964

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a "easy one s1" receiver looking at astra and I am very much enjoying all the FTAchannels it gives me.
Now I want a dreambox. :)) SCRAP THAT!! I just bought a 500+ :))))
Goodtimes are here, a new toy :)
My Location
The hague , Netherlands
Hi
I can use some help with y dreambox setup.
I am in the hague and am on my way to buy a 500s .
Would appreciate all the help I can get, not much use in reinventing the wheel all over again as you guys have done that already :)
Gr
Richard

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
madcat1964 said:
Hi
I can use some help with y dreambox setup.
I am in the hague and am on my way to buy a 500s .
Would appreciate all the help I can get, not much use in reinventing the wheel all over again as you guys have done that already :)
Gr
Richard

Hi Richard,

Surely I can help you with installing and aligning the dish :) but I don't know anything about Linux and drambox.:mad:

Are U sure still want my help? If yes, then you might send me a private message.;)

Ciao

spim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Netherlands
I just saw a satelite dish and receiver at praxis

69,00 Euros I think.

model Elro
Type 60 FTA

Is it a good Dish+box??

BTW: I found this tool, might help trying to locate satellites and ponting the antena

dishpointer.com

Cheers.