Status
Not open for further replies.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Havent followed AZ box too much but a client of mine had no joy with N lines. Only C line would work.

berty642

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AZBox Elite Fortec Star 90cm dish SG2100 Motor. Diablo 2.3
My Location
N.Ireland
thats what i thought :(
Im still no closer to figuring out the c line, should the cline on the server be the same as on the azbox? i just need something simple to get it working in the house first then i can experiment further a field

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Fline in server F: user1 pass1
Cline in AZbox C: serverip 15000 user1 pass1 ( for internal sharing)(port 15000 only example use whatever you forwarded in router and alter the cfg file in server to listen to that port . 12000 is the default)

so if your server is 192.168.0.5 your Cline is

C: 192.168.0.5 15000 user1 pass1

ragman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s im motorised dish dm500c
My Location
uk
hi all,first of all a big thank you to b16mcc for excellent tut.i am a complete and utter novice but even i have managed to to get this working.the problem i am having is with cccam please forgive me i know this must be a stupid question,bur i dont know where to enter cline and fline,do i put them in cccam.cfg on the dreambox or the server,if the server how do i install cccam.many thanks for all the help so far ,and again sorry to be so thick.

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
The Server would have an F Line which would give your Dreambox (the Client) with a C Line access to the Share.

So Server CCcam.cfg has F Line

Dreambox CCcam.cfg has C Line

Have a search around "cccam forum" is a good place to learn how to Install CCcam on a Linux Server

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
hi . friends.. spent quite a bit reading this thread ..and starting to learn abit but im stuck at the moment things just aint happening ..

i normally just use dm box for server and this is very different . i have decided to have a go to no prevail .
cant install the omnikey drivers,

i would be most grateful if someone could help me along the way if possible and find how i am going wrong ps im not that brill with pc s lol..

anyway here it goes .

i have ubuntu latest release 10 04 i think server addition ..on cd boot up .

i am just getting use to ubuntu total diff to windows lol.

but im just not getting response from terminal or wrong command to install drivers ,,

that where i am at .. i try to add the file it say you have to be root.

now i found unrar is a pain in the arse on ubuntu .but im sure un urar with sudo command.

right . since i am use to dcc communicate with dm box ..i dont have that now i intend to use my pc as server ..ubuntu .
so am i right in saying terminal is my gateway to ubuntu to add files etc ..

do you just drag and drop files ..how do you ftp ..i am tottally unsure..

any help would be brill thanks as i say its all new to me this way ..thnigs arnt clear . or just me..

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
umm should i of been using 9 10 version of ubuntu ..

karill

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to have 2 cardreaders with 2 diffrent systems on the same cardserver installed as the guide? I have tested with the to cards one at the time and it works with both, but what do i need to do to get them working at the same time?

Best regards
Karill

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
Yes it's possible, you just need to add another device in your newcs config but change the node to 1 for the added reader then 2 for the next reader and so on....

Code:
<device>
<name>Omnikey</name>
<type>pcsc</type>
<mhz>368</mhz>
[B]<node>0</node>[/B]
<parity>odd</parity>
<reset>normal</reset>
<export>Yes</export>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<boxkey>01020304</boxkey>
<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>
<carddetect>Yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>12010</newcamd_port>
<autosid>Yes</autosid>
<priority>round</priority>
</device>

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
andel said:
Yes it's possible, you just need to add another device in your newcs config but change the node to 1 for the added reader then 2 for the next reader and so on....

You also need to run each on a differant port. So eg Node 0, newcamd_port 12345. Node 1, newcamd_port 12346

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42&quot; Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B &amp; W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
Yes well done Rick, I forgot the port bit...whoops!

Shafy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD, DM500, Ubuntu 10.04 Machine. Thinkpad running Windows 7.
My Location
Uk
:-handclap

What an amazing tutorial (and thread), I didnt even know what Ubuntu was a week ago, I followed this great tutorial and I have a Ubunto 10.04 desktop with USB OMNIKEY CARDMAN 3121 running newcs 1.67 and CCcam2.1.4. Just finished testing it across LAN and Internet. So thank you very much.

My next question is how do I fine tune the configuration.

1. should I use "Sudo nano rc.local" to start newcs and cccam or is there an alternative way to automate the start after reboot?

2. Are most people rebooting there machine regularly, if so should I be adding this to the cronjob "sudo echo "30 05 * * * /sbin/shutdown -r now" >> /etc/crontab"?

3. How do I see what ECM times I am getting, and what have people been doing to improve these?

4. Is there any security risks that I should look out for, at the moment my router is only forwarding to the CCcam server listening port so should block anything else (well hopefully).

Thanks in advance for any responses to these.
S.

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100CM Motorised Dish:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
First thing I would do if I were you, now you have it running, is leave it for a week or so :) just to ensure you have nothing major yet to solve.

I reboot my Ubuntu about once a week, usually after running the Update Manager to ensure the Installation is up to date.

I would recommend going to a Smargo Reader to get rid of Newcs, it is better running just under Cccam if you decide to share.

To look at your Ecm times, and others Ecm times look for Cccam PHP Info it runs on a Webserver and Interogates your Cccam and displays it nicely.

Again, dont go crazy applying updates and improvements, its so easy to go backwards very fast 'O'-red

Watch some TV now and again

Shafy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Thanks phazblade,

"Again, dont go crazy applying updates and improvements, its so easy to go backwards very fast" wicked advice, if it aint broke dont fix it right. :)

I'm only running desktop version of Ubuntu and only plan to share with a 4-5 family members so I am hoping it wont be that big a problem with newcs, what do you think?

Is number 1 ok, or is there another way to automate the starting ofnewcs/cccam?

Ta
S

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Hi lads I have had mine running for about 18 months now and pretty much it runs flawless. IM not too hot on linux and others recommended me to use webmin to set up cronjobs etc. I used the following script to switch on NewCs on bootup then switch CCcam on after 25 seconds. Just edit it to wherever your own files are located.

#!/bin/sh
# Cardserver

case "$1" in
'start')
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/tom/NewCS
./newcs_1.67 -C /home/tom/NewCS/newcs.xml
sleep 25
cd /usr/local/bin
./CCcam

;;
'stop')
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"
;;
esac
exit 0

Then I set up a cronjob to reboot the server everyday at 3am but sometimes the reader was not getting picked up on reboot and required another reboot so I now have it set to reboot only twice a week. I do think the server seems to run better the longer it runs. Im usually 95% or more

Shafy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Thanks TTB,

Will give that a whirl, will also try downloading webadmin and seeing how that works.

Top banana!!

doombugger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dreambox 500S
SKY Dish
WIndows Media Centre/Windows 7
My Location
Bristol UK
Hi Everyone,

Right, just to explain my situation, I have been following and gleaning help from this ace thread for a few weeks now, and waiting for the right opportunity to give it a go. Over the past few days I have been stealing more time than I should in trying to get this working. I have been going very slowly, but my cause may not be being helped by the fact that due to the age of this thread anyone like myself who wants to give it a go are more inclined to be using newer versions of linux, and in my case I have opted for the smargo reader over the Omni as it now seems to offer more options?

Heres my ingredients -

Old PC running clean install of Ubuntu 10.10 (most recent release)
Smargo + usb card reader
NewCS 1.67
CCcam 2.1.4
White Sly card - complete with box number etc
DM800
DM500

I have got as far as installing the OS, downloaded and installed pscs tools etc,and also installed NewCS. I have managed to master using putty, I've been using filezilla for ftp'ing and am not struggling too much with the command line stuff, but because my setup does not follow to the letter the set up that the tut follows I am not sure where I am going wrong.
Basically I think I have got NewCS working (I can start it from a putty session, and can log into it via 192.xx.xx.xx:8080) My smargo reader turned up today, and full of excitement I started about trying to get it recognised by ubuntu.
I should probably say at this stage that I am taking things very much one stage at at time, I have not yet installed CCcam on the server (do I need to if I am using NewCS, or should I be using it instead of as I have a smargo?), nor have I looked at configuring either of the dreamboxes - I want to make sure I can get the reader and card working on the server first!!
I do not seem to have had much luck in getting the cardreader recognised by linux, I have trawled around google etc and have configured it in windows, verified it has the latest firmware (1.3) etc, but when I run pcsc_scan, all I get back is -
'Scanning present readers...
Waiting for the first reader...

I have the next two days pretty much free run to ge this sorted and would love to achieve this. It is an awesome thread, and the amount of people who seem to start off knowing less than I and get it going is encouraging.

I am familiar with router setups/port forwarding etc, and have a dyndns set up already. I was planning to use the excellent dreambox config creator to from B16MCC to create my CCcam and/or NewCS config files - can someone confirm if this will work for the files that will sit on the PC server?

What I eventually want to achieve is to share my subbed card around my own house for a multiroom setup on the DM800 & 500, and once I have got this sussed I want to share with my brother and a few family members. Am I barking up the right tree with NewCS, I get the impression reading this thread that I might be better off going with a CCcam server & client set up.

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks All

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100CM Motorised Dish:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
I would go with CCcam only, NewCS is an extra which you dont really need.

The first step would be to get the one of the DMs working with the card, either in the Internal Reader, or better using your Smargo.

There are less steps to getting a DM to work with the Card, and valuable lessons will be learnt which will come in handy getting the Ubuntu up and running.

Trying to get a Server running for DMs as the first job is the hardest way of going about this.

Certainly having a Server for DMs is the preferred solution, but it is the most difficult part of the job.

Get one DM running with the Card first, watch some TV, then get the second DM talking to the first DM. watch some more TV.

doombugger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dreambox 500S
SKY Dish
My Location
Bristol UK
Thanks Phazblade - good advice indeed!

I had some luck initially last year, when I managed to get my sly white card working in my dm500, and this spurned me on, but at the time I could not get the dm800hd to work in tandem. Now I have the smargo I am keen to get this working.

I will let you know how I get on,

Cheers

doombugger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dreambox 500S
SKY Dish
My Location
Bristol UK
Well, after not too taxing a time I managed to conquer a few challenges today - firstly I managed to get the smargo working on the dm800hd, just needed to enable the smargo setting in the kernel modules manager (running nabilo B.H 0.12), and eventually (after putting in the right case credentials!) managed to get my 500 speaking to the 800 via cccam. Am well chuffed to say the least, and aim to bask in my glory for a little while and enjoy the fruits of my labour.

Thanks to everyone who has directly (Phazblade) or indirectly (everyone on this thread) helped me get to where I am so far.

When I come to use the ubuntu machine I have built as a server, one of the things I think will cause me a problem, is where and how to install/locate the cccam.x86 & cccam.cfg files. One of the many beauties of using a deambox as a server is that via the bluebutton or some other buton depending on image, you can install cccam and it just puts it all wonderfully into the default locations. If I am using iubuntu 9.04 where are the default location for these files.

I remember looking at the start of this thread, B16MCC (substituting NewCS for CCCam) creates a new folder and puts the files in there, would this also apply for CCCam?

I shall be trying this shortly, but would rather go armed with my clues before I start. Oh, one last thing, if I am using the smargo instead of the Omni, should I be concerned if a pcsc_scan does not pick it up ???

Thanks Again

DB

Status
Not open for further replies.