Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
If you look at your DMs the cccam.cfg is in the var/etc folder, it will go in the same place on your Server in the var/etc folder, they are both linux machines, so have very similar layouts.

Going Ubuntu may lead you to other forums better equipt for that than here, but by all means, ask :) and makes notes as you go along.

The Ubuntu Desktop is very good, but it is usually permissions which give you trouble.

All the info for the installs is on this thread, I know, cos thats how I managed to do it.

Also now you have the DMs talking, you know that end is sorted, so when the Server does light up you only have that end to work on.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky but moving to cable
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Sorry but not the greatest techno expert here. I have read this post and on the whole it looks like this option appears to be working for most people. Can you please confirm if there is any way to watch the sky channels on my pc without installing Ubunto and buying a card reader, as I do not have a card to use?

Thanks and kind regards. Peter.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No. Only the FTA stuff (providing your PC is equipped with a satellite pci card and a connection to your dish).

fachin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarOne C2 70.0º W (via-embratel), PC dual core, 500GB, 4GB, linux ubuntu.
My Location
Brazil
Hello everyone, I hope you Can Help me ...
Try to be as detailed as possible so they can help me in a less cumbersome as possible.
I bought a USB card reader Phoenix
_http://img.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/img?s=MLB&f=151134080_4774.jpg&v=O
and would like to know how to use it. will need to extract some info from the receiver's original provider of TV? The company is here in Brazil, called VIA EMBRATEL. It uses satellite StarOne C2 70.0 º W.
Initially I'll be waiting for help for these issues, I hope you can help me.
Now, thank you attention.

clubfoot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Technomate 5400
1m Orbital Dish
Sony Vaio NS Series - Vista Home Premium
My Location
North Wales
hi

ive got CCcam running ok but Newcs will not start, all i keep getting is segmentation fault.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

pchappo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ multiroom - quattro distribution system wannabe
My Location
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a few q's if you don't mind

- what is the best card reader to get to read a White s$y card on my ubuntu server?
- do I need the cccam software loaded on my ubuntu server?

Tia

StardustBr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
61W Amazonas, 70W StarOne C2, TeleSystem Digital F1
My Location
Brazil
Hi. Great post.

I am going to do a local cardsharing server to share with 2 more Tvs, but I never tried to do it

Here are some questions that I can´t find anywhere.

1)If I buy an OmniKey card reader will it read all type of cards with all type of encryptations? I have a card that uses nagra3.

2)Can I buy a dreambox or azbox and it will work like the OmniKey card reader?

3)What matters is the program that will read the card? So the card box or Omnikey is just to connect the card to the pc?

4)I tried to search into the sites that make those box, but they don´t say if it support nagra3 cards.
So all box support all type of TV cards?

5)I read that to nagra3 card work I will need newcs+cccam+mpcs, is it right?

I am afraid to buy all and then find that I have no chance to have success.

Thanks in advance.
PS: Sorry about english mistakes.

Faraz Hussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NSS-6, KU Band LNB 9750 - 10600, Echolink i7000 Receiver (Primary), Echolink i1000 Receiver (Secondary) Cascaded with Primary.
My Location
Karachi, Pakistan
Dear, I have completely understand the process and will try to make my own card sharing server but i am a bit confused about the step _http://dreamboxip:8080, do I still need the dreambox receiver to make all this thing work ?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Dear, I have completely understand the process and will try to make my own card sharing server but i am a bit confused about the step _http://dreamboxip:8080, do I still need the dreambox receiver to make all this thing work ?
You are replying to a post from 7 years ago, I doubt you will get a response, on second thoughts I will close the thread as it is history now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.