Humax HDR1000S Loader Software

surfstrawbs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite not known (block of flats), Humax PDR
My Location
Devon
Just updated my HDR-1000S to 3.00.18, but it is still on a really old loader version (1.02). What does the loader software actually control and does anyone know how I can update it?!?

Many thanks :)

A

archive10

Boot-loaders are simple but vital programs that run when a system is started.
They generally take stock of low-level conditions, and then initiates a full boot to OS and UI etc.
Most Linux-based STB systems (including Humax STBs) use a boot-loader called U-Boot (or Das U-Boot to hammer in the pun).
The boot-loader on an STB is normally NOT updated, as there is a risk of bricking the device if something goes wrong.

You do not need update your boot-loader if there is nothing wrong with it (the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it").
There are (generally) no UI/UX elements that can be enhanced bya new boot loader.
I don't know what the latest boot-loader is for the 1000S, but I suspect that you would be upgraded automaticlly if you needed an update.

Last edited by a moderator:

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Boot-loaders are simple but vital programs that run when a system is started. They generally take stock of low-level conditions, and then initiates a full boot to OS and UI etc.
So, it's the bios of sat boxes? :O)

Updated my hdr 1000 a few times, loader has stayed on 1.07 (as it was when I got it),
the 3.00.18 download mentions 1.09 > HUMAX

Last edited:

surfstrawbs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite not known (block of flats), Humax PDR
My Location
Devon
Boot-loaders are simple but vital programs that run when a system is started.
They generally take stock of low-level conditions, and then initiates a full boot to OS and UI etc.
Most Linux-based STB systems (including Humax STBs) use a boot-loader called U-Boot (or Das U-Boot to hammer in the pun).
The boot-loader on an STB is normally NOT updated, as there is a risk of bricking the device if something goes wrong.

You do not need update your boot-loader if there is nothing wrong with it (the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it").
There are (generally) no UI/UX elements that can be enhanced bya new boot loader.
I don't know what the latest boot-loader is for the 1000S, but I suspect that you would be upgraded automaticlly if you needed an update.

Cheers for the response!

Guess my quest is over ;)