I have my Skybox F3 :-)

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI EVERYONE!

This afternoon I have been installing this unit on a couple of satellites to see how it performs and I have to say I'm impressed! The tuner appears to much more sensitive than my little Medion box (noting signal intensity and quality) and noticed higher readings so that's a plus. I had to turn to the internet for a default password number to access menus and the like. In all, not bad, though it runs quite warm.

The quality of HD channels are superb, SD about average with upscaling and blind scan is very quick. I can't see myself going back to the Technomate anytime soon. The only advantage that box had was a dish "fine tune" where you could nudge it a little to peak the signal. Apart from that, I won't miss it. I won't be using the Skybox F3 to record programmes.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You can cannot compare signal readings between different receivers, so take them with a bucket of salt. Each manufacturer has its own way of showing them...

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
@Tony1A , in order to fine tune, simply go to Menu > Installation Antenna, then Longitude.

Just alter the Longitude by a couple of tenths at a time, whichever way is needed, Exit, and you effectively have your Fine Tune.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Thank you for that, Lazarus! I often wondered how that was done on boxes with no fine tune of the dish!!! :D