IPBOX 9000HD & IPS Address

Sonnenkind

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP BOX9000HD
My Location
Isle of Wight
Hi, I'm trying to get my head around this box and I'm at the point where I want to assign it's ips address etc,
am I right in thinking it's the same address as for my router?
Also I just about figured out PCEditor and how to use it (I think) to get ITVHD working when I read they are going to air to Freesat in the Spring anyway, so what other use will the editor be?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi m8 ...
If your router is set to issue IP addresses by DHCP then telling the IPbox to use DHCP will allow the router to automatically assign the IPbox an IP address.
If you specifically want tothe IPbox to have a fixed IP address ..then you must assign the IP address /mask and gateway address yourself ...making sure the address you choose is within the range your router has been allotted for your specific Home network..
Hope this helps ..

As to the PC editor ..
This has many functions ...
..for example..
after you have scanned an entire satellite (or multiple sats)..
..you could export your channel list ..
..tweak and group your favourites..
..remove channels you don't want...
etc
and of course the most useful..
Backup your channel list so you don't have to scan it all again ..should you update the IPbox firmware ..
Simply import your Channel list database _after_ any upgrade or firmware change etc...
rgds
VS

Sonnenkind

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP BOX9000HD
My Location
Isle of Wight
Hi VS
Do I need to connect my box directly to the router or can I connect through my laptop via WiFi?
Also to connect the PCEditor to the box can I just connect to my laptop through the ethernet cable and the pc will recognise the box or is there some other procedure.
Thanks for the help by the way it's very much appreciated.
S.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi m8...
Ideally you need to connect the IPbox to the router to get correct functionality and dhcp connectivity to other networked devices ...though it may be possible to connect directly to a laptop or pc with a crossed network cable for using pceditor etc...
In this configuration you would presumably have to manually assign the IP box an IP address within the same 'range' as that which has been assigned to your lappy via wireless network from the router.
I stress I have never tried this myself ...prefering to connect all my networked devices via standard network cables through the router or a switch.
Good luck
VS

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Viperspan is quite right, it would be much more simple if you used a standard Ethernet patch cable to connect the IP Box directly to a switch/router. There'd be less room for error this way.

Cant you run a cable to whatever device is providing the wireless signal?

If you have need to connect via your laptop, you'll need an Ethernet crossover cable (as mentioned) and you'll need to bridge the Ethernet connection with the Wifi connection. How you do this will depend on what operating system your laptop is running.

justnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
My Location
egypt
dear sir
is there a way to flash my new cuberevo black via network cable ?
thank you