It had to happen

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I got one a short while back, several members already have one and more are getting one.

Any experiences, problems or advice, please post here. Can't always promise an answer, but hopefully someone can help.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Good Evening Rolf

I did miss you today. Hope you are well.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sure am Jaffer, been a bit hectic with a few other projects, not least trying to install a scanner on XP that will only work on 98. Had to install it on my old laptop in the end, but then had to tie it up with an old monitor as the screen had gone, then had to install a USB wireless adaptor so that I could work with the files on my main PC. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I got one problem with my Dreambox, I am not sure what the problem is but it IS STILL NOT HERE AND I AM FRUSTRATED :-bash

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, wait until it gets there T_G, then you'll really find out about frustration. :)

Only joking. :) Have you got your network cable ready for connection to your main PC?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I have something here, but I still need to sort it out. I found a network card, but I need to fit it to the computer. We got lots of cables at work, so no problem. If all fails I got a second computer with a network card built in, but no internet connection. So I might have to download the files, put them on the flash disc and then get them to the Dreambox via the other computer. Sounds complicated, but I 'll find a way....

wonderbar1

Reaction score
so rolf is it connected to a router 24/7 just like a pc and you transfer images which open certain sats etc,thanks m8

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You only transfer answers to requests from the client dreambox to the host card, so the flow is relatively small.

wonderbar1

Reaction score
so do you only connect it to a pc for updates or is it best left connected all the time ,that card sharing is something else ,ive got to have one of these sooner rather than later

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Card sharing is a totally different thing, if you are card sharing, then you do need a broadband connection, as you need to have your DB available for long periods of time.

Updates are done either by ethernet connection, serial, USB or flash module, they can also be done by internet over the ethernet connection.

wonderbar1

Reaction score
thanks for that m8 ,ye im on broadband here and the dreambox would connect onto the ethernet ,as for card sharing ,the harder these future systems are to break that might end up being the way forward ,hope not though

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Please can you explain a bit more about card sharing.

Thanks,
Neil

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't tried it myself, but basically if the boxes are all connected via the internet, they can run either host or client software and effectively use any valid card which is on the server. More than that I don't really know, as I haven't had too much interest in looking in to it, to take part though, you must have something to put in the kitty.