James Bond: Skyfall Pushes Through Despite Financial Setbacks

Rachel_Sandford

News Hound
Reaction score
Set to be in theatres by October 26, the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] installment of the James Bond franchise, named Skyfall, has suffered some financial setbacks after MGM filed for bankruptcy. Though some thought that the movie would not push through, the studio recently released the basic storyline of the upcoming film as well as the first few photos of filming.

Director Sam Mendes, his cast, and crew have had to make adjustments, however. The scaled down budget for the film has the team shooting only in the UK and Turkey, instead of the proposed six countries originally planned, which included Bali, China, and India.

“Originally six different countries were selected but, after several technical and financial problems, it was decided to scale back and just use Turkey as the sole foreign location,” a source told the Daily Mirror. “To say some of the cast and crew are a bit gutted is an understatement.”

The team has already started filming in Charing Cross and Canary Wharf. They are also set to use some British beaches, including Bognor Regis. Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire has also been chosen as a location.

“As well as Pinewood’s incredible facilities, the UK has some stunning beaches, particularly along the south coast near Bognor and parts of Wales,” said an insider. “While Bognor is hardly the most exotic of locations, it is important for the franchise that they support British industry, and give something back. Everyone is confident this will be one of the best Bonds ever.”

According to the press release, Skyfall will test 007's loyalty to M as her past brings back unwanted ghosts. At the same time, Bond needs to destroy the group behind an attack on MI6.

Daniel Craig, who returns as Bond, told Extra: “I'm gagging to go, I've had a break now... Although it sort of seemed like it was never going to happen, it always was going to happen - it was just a matter of sorting out people and financing. It's been nice to have some time off from the role, it's given me a chance to have a break.”

Craig will be joined by Dame Judi Dench, who plays M, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris as Miss Moneypenny, and Sam Winshaw playing the youngest Q in any Bond movie.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
MI6 killing/M's background comes back to haunt etc.

Somewhat similar plot to The World is Not Enough