Contributor
My Satellite Setup
1.5m IRTE PF, Octagon OSLO external Ref., TBS6983,
Various L, S, C, X & Ka bits. 1.2m S/X/Ku/Ka Prodelin on Az-El
My Location
SE UK
Re: 42 East Ka ....
Can't make my mind up if the signal around 18705 L is two small ones or not
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Just one and the carrier at 18598.50096MHz is just that.
Plot using a band B LNB and clipping the roof line so I don't get much SNR. Uncompensated for gain slope.

SA_PNG_000188.PNG

SimonE

SimonE

My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM dish,Supermount 1224 H-H rotator, Octagon SX88+, DR.HD D15, Ku LNB:Octagon OSLO, C Band: Titanium C1W-PLL, Ka Band: XMW R9216AF with FD9000 feedhorn,Inverto Saorsat LNB and Inverto Ka/Ku LNB .
My Location
Gloucestershire, UK
John,
I use a CM 1.2m dish on an H to H mount with Elevation adjustment. The LNB is an XMW R9216AF with a PTFE slab imported from South Korea. I am also unable to resolve the signal on 18705L. I wonder if there's a different beam for that signal?
Simon.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
John,
I use a CM 1.2m dish on an H to H mount with Elevation adjustment. The LNB is an XMW R9216AF with a PTFE slab imported from South Korea. I am also unable to resolve the signal on 18705L. I wonder if there's a different beam for that signal?
Simon.

Just looking back to March 26th - 2018 Simon, almost identical plot then but 18.701 L looking a lot stronger with me just north of Nottingham.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

42° E - Ka. March 26th 2018..jpg

SimonE

SimonE

My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM dish,Supermount 1224 H-H rotator, Octagon SX88+, DR.HD D15, Ku LNB:Octagon OSLO, C Band: Titanium C1W-PLL, Ka Band: XMW R9216AF with FD9000 feedhorn,Inverto Saorsat LNB and Inverto Ka/Ku LNB .
My Location
Gloucestershire, UK
I checked the satellite this morning and only 18591L and 18668L locked up. On 18668L Capital TV Ghana has left. 18591L is very robust with its fec=1/2.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I checked the satellite this morning and only 18591L and 18668L locked up. On 18668L Capital TV Ghana has left. 18591L is very robust with its fec=1/2.

Yeah, had a look around mid-day with quite overcast skies in the signal path and levels were really low as well.