Lack of e-mail advice for new posts

A

Archive4

Hello Gods

Don´t seem to be getting e-mail notification of new posts on watched threads. When I access via PC or phone I have message alerts, but no notification which I normally receive. I am alone in this?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive put a watch and receive notification by email note on this thread - post back & lets see what happens

A

Archive4

Hi AS

Was all well earlier today, but have nothing via e-mail since about 10:00 am CET.
Could be a problem with Yahoo!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Brian - an email just appeared in my gmail inbox so its possible theres a problem with Yahoo. I know one of the main northern lights notification sites has recently stopped sending notifications to yahoo addresses due to numerous problems

A

Archive4

Hi Brian - an email just appeared in my gmail inbox so its possible theres a problem with Yahoo. I know one of the main northern lights notification sites has recently stopped sending notifications to yahoo addresses due to numerous problems
OK AS, thanks for the info, I have received nothing from the forum since this morning. Time to switch to another, possibly Spanish supplier?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you have an alternative email just change it in your profile details & we can try again

A

Archive4

If you have an alternative email just change it in your profile details & we can try again
Just switched to the e-mail of SWMBO, and had an immediate response, so problem is with Yahoo. Send another message just to confirm, then I´ll switch back and see if Yahoo get it sorted.

Thanks,
Brian

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Have you checked the Yahoo spam folders?

A

Archive4

Have you checked the Yahoo spam folders?
Yes, all empty!

But here is something to learn / know about. When I changed my address back to Yahoo, and was obviously unable to confirm, I was locked out of the ability to reply to any thread. I was " still logged on " but did not have "the correct privilege " to reply. Had I logged out at that time, who knows what may have occurred ? Have changed e-mail back to SWMBO and restored service, almost to normal, other than if a get told off now i´m in for " IT " in a big way!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Weird indeed. It might be worth thinking of something along these lines. Set up a new one off address with gmail or similar (maybe with the same ip your good lady is using as we know it works) which is only used for the forum here. Then forward all incoming mail into your yahoo account. That should get round the Yahoo induced error but still allow you to use your main email addy..

A

Archive4

Have just received the confirmation e-mail, so am now back on as me. Also got this at the same time

" Hi Brian - an email just appeared in my gmail inbox so its possible theres a problem with Yahoo. I know one of the main northern lights notification sites has recently stopped sending notifications to yahoo addresses due to numerous problems "

Guess Yahoo´s been Abigailed!

A

Archive4

I think one of the Northern Lights sites was out for quite a while, 25 new e-mails in one hit!

A

Archive4

Interestingly, more e-mails coming in now that appear to be in reverse chronological order, I think Yahoo have turned back time!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Have you saved the forum email address in your Yahoo address book? This can sometimes help to break a logjam.