Looking at buying my first vu+ box

jangostrikesback

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu Solo+, 1.1m Triax, Tm 2600 Motor
My Location
Newcastle
Hi all,

I've replaced my 1.1m Triax with a 60cm Sky Dish (the Triax warped a couple of months ago with heavy winds). Everything is aligned and tracking the arc fine, 57e-30w.

I've only got a Openbox V8s currently, but I have had a TM 5402 M2 and a DM800HD in the past, so just wanting some advice on what Vu+ box to get for my needs. I'd like to set timers on 13.0e 19.2e, 23.5e, 28.2e 42.0e to record sports and live events. Is that possible to do? I've been advised to look at the Vu+ UNO 4K SE. What would you guys recommend?

Great site, very useful!
Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Most satellite receivers will do your recording options, on a motorized dish, providing the timers, for different satellites, don't overlap, but it all depends on your requirements.
Some VU+ receivers have the option of installing a hard drive, inside the receiver, for recording, others have a removable caddy, so you can slot in a hard drive, and some just allow a USB attachment.
Check the VU+ website, for more technical specifications, and options, of their various receivers:
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/main.php

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Hi all,

I've replaced my 1.1m Triax with a 60cm Sky Dish (the Triax warped a couple of months ago with heavy winds). Everything is aligned and tracking the arc fine, 57e-30w.

I've only got a Openbox V8s currently, but I have had a TM 5402 M2 and a DM800HD in the past, so just wanting some advice on what Vu+ box to get for my needs. I'd like to set timers on 13.0e 19.2e, 23.5e, 28.2e 42.0e to record sports and live events. Is that possible to do? I've been advised to look at the Vu+ UNO 4K SE. What would you guys recommend?

Great site, very useful!
Cheers
having had several receivers over the years I now have the Octagon SF8008. Suits me fine and for the money it is exceptional.

jangostrikesback

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
What is stopping you from using the V8S ?

I find it quite a basic box, and I hate the remote, I'm sure it's a clone. It does the basics alright but I don't want to be messing around with the remote every time I want to record etc. I find it doesn't handle USALS very well either and can send the motor too far right and left at times. Of course this leads me to think it is indeed a clone.

Thanks for the replies lads, I'll certainly check out the Octagon SF8008.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I see what you mean about the remote control, the V9S remote has a much better layout.

I was surprised at how easy it was/is to record to USB with the V7 receiver but that is about its sole redeeming feature, price aside.

S

Sleepingwiththefish

I would advise a Duo4K, but a motorized setup will be a serious limitation if you want to, say, record, watch another sat and stream another, all at the same time. So, maybe you're better of with a Ultimo 4K/UNO 4K SE (make sure they are equiped with the "S2X" tuners)

I own a Vu+ Duo2 and also a Zero, they're great, specially the Duo2, with 4 DVB-S2 tuners and fixed dishes, it's always recording and streaming stuff...

If you're confortable with Enigma2 you can setup a lot of extra stuff, like share HDD (recordings) over LAN using NFS/SMB, setup Auto Timers, customize skins, etc.

jangostrikesback

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
I've had a good, long think today and I'm going to take the plunge and order Friday. Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated!