Advice Needed Looking for a satellite reciever

LeBelge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Triax TD 110, 2x Edision OS Mio 4K (plus), Edision OS Mini 4K, Edision OS Nino Pro
My Location
Belguim
I think if I end up getting a box, I'll get this one probably OCTAGON SFX6018 S2+IP WL HD H.265 HEVC 1xDVB-S2 Enigma 2 Linux TV Sat Receiver - BUILT IN WiFi (although it seems suspiciously cheap compared to other sites)

Octagon is not the only Turkish brand available in Western Europe.
Anadol Multibox Twin SE 4K UHD Linux E2 Sat Receiver (2x DVB-S2, WiFi, LAN, HDR10, HDMI
Twin 4K Ultra HD (2160p) = 2 sat tuners
This product is a MULTIBOX SE version with integrated WIFI (WLAN)
€ 110

So, you can watch BBC and record at the same time ITV (at a different frequency / transponder).

28°E is not the only satellite, you know.
We have free 4K channels to watch in Western Europe.
If you are still not satisfied, I give up.

p.s.
The shop owner is a Turkish man,
the site is very reliable.

JacketPotato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Freesat satellite pointing towards Astra 2E/F/G
My Location
South West London
These all seem really good, if I do end up getting one of these, which I probably will, I’ll end up getting a single tuner one as it would be too much effort to run a second cable. Thanks for all the help and when/if I do I’ll let you know which box I bought :)

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
If you want an Enigma machine be aware they have a steep learning curve, however the Octagons enable you to load a simpler, more user friendly OS called Define should Enigma not be to your liking.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want an Enigma machine be aware they have a steep learning curve, however the Octagons enable you to load a simpler, more user friendly OS called Define should Enigma not be to your liking.
Also be aware that although the Enigma receivers are very versatile & most people love them, some people find them horrendous & just cant get on with Enigma 2. Yes Im one of them & every time Ive used an E2 box Ive had an overpowering urge to smash it into very pieces with a sledgehammer! :-rofl2

My first one got thrown very very hard into the electronics skip up at the local recycling centre & the second one got withdrawn because the Disecq set up was completely illogical & I couldnt get it working properly with my 16 way multiswitch. Its sitting in a damp garage probably slowly rusting now.

suedschwede

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.7m Laminas+Polarmount+JPC-Posi+SF8008
My Location
DE
You just have to deal with an Enigmabox, otherwise it won't work. Here are the tuner/LNB/Diseqc settings from the Octagon SX88V2 Dual Os on my 2.7m rotary system with LNB changer, runs without any problems.

screenshot_20230224002807.jpg
screenshot_20230224002746.jpg
screenshot_20230224002625.jpg

LeBelge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Triax TD 110, 2x Edision OS Mio 4K (plus), Edision OS Mini 4K, Edision OS Nino Pro
My Location
Belguim
aber ich spreche deutsch nicht

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
98cm motorised technomate. 50e to 34.5w
My Location
Europe
I'd echo comments about Enigma receivers. Great for a hobbyist who wants something to tinker with, but you really need a computer and a program or two to be able to actually work it into something more usable. Some of the default interface/main skins are horrifically designed and require a bit of editing to not go crazy.