Lost bbc1 on epg

gilburton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Finlux twin tuner 500gb
My Location
Northants UK
No real problem it's just a nuisance.
BBC1 has recently disappeared from the EPG list on my Finlux twin tuner 500gb. The EPG starts at 102?
I've tried switching to standby and/or switching off the power. It didn't work so I did a complete new scan and it still didn't work??
BBC 1 HD is further down on the first page so I'm using that instead for information but that is no good for local news.
If I go back from 102 into the 9's I could use the NI channel but obviously that is also different on some programmes.Everything else is fine. Any ideas??

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Does the Finlux have an Edit Customisable Channels option somewhere in the Freesat menus?

On other Freesat boxes, this function chiefly affects what appears at 101.

Edit: Aha. Just discovered his is a Freeview (DTT) box, not Freesat (Satellite) ........ or is it? Google throws up confusing and contradictory results!

Last edited:

gilburton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Finlux twin tuner 500gb
My Location
Northants UK
Ah yes it's sorted. I just had to select regional channels for 101 (BBC 1 East in my case ) and it's back. No idea why it was lost and a reset didn't cure it either but there you go lol Thanks. ps it is Freesat and yes some for sale are listed wrongly as Freeview/Freesat and the only way to tell is to check the connection pics.
lol

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Excellent - thanks for letting us know :cool: