Lost Channels on FoxSat HDR

TomS43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FoxSat HDR. 80 cm offset dish with quad LNB
My Location
Germany
I have been using my FoxSat HDR for several years to receive Freesat in Germany without any problems. However, I recently noticed that, although I have Channel 5 HD, Channel 5 SD seems to have vanished. Because of the proximity of a number of large trees, the signal I receive via my dish is not strong enough to provide HD without some pixelation. However, I cannot get around the tree problem, either by moving my dish, or by getting out the chainsaw. I have found out that by doing a manual tune, I can get Channel 5 SD, but then the STB Mode changes to non-freesat, and I get a whole lot of Channels that I don't want, everything is in the wrong order, and also the EPG is less helpful and orderly than it seems to be after an Auto tune. Is there a way around this, or do I just have to either do without Channel 5 SD on auto tune, or tediously edit the channel list on the EPG on the non-freesat STB?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
C5HD replaced the SD version on all Freesat HD boxes at channel number 105 quite a few months ago. The SD version only appears at position 105 on SD boxes now.

There's still C5 +1, of course, which is an SD channel.

It may be possible to modify your channels in Freesat mode if your HDR has the Raydon firmware fitted. I don't have this so can't say for sure.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Further to @PaulR's comment, if you have the original Foxsat HDR, you can install Custom Firmware which allows you to transfer Channels tuned in non-Freesat mode to the end of the Freesat EPG, so you can operate the box in Freesat mode for simplicity.

The Custom Firmware is no longer developed, but the last version is still available for download and installation.

It is some years since I did this myself, so I cannot give detailed advice in an authoritative way, but here are some relevant links:

Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4 - PART 5

The link to the download is at the end of the first post on the linked page and there are further links in the right column to related info, as well as the content of the rest of the rather lengthy linked Thread.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As for the non-Freesat Channel list, I suspect you might have omitted to select just the Transponder 5SD is on and ended up with loads of unwanted stuff. So, yes, simply select all the unwanted ones and delete.

Had you confined your scan to one Transponder, there'd only be a handful of Channels to consider, but isn't hindsight wonderful!