Listen Up More uktv channels to join freesat in a week or two?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV with built in Freeview/ Virgin Media TiVo V6 box
My Location
UK
New tests have appeared for Dave ja vu and Yesterday +1 (Dave Ja Vu is currently labelled as 25114) on 12.129 V, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

As this is a UK spotbeam, this might be an indication that the contracts are now about to expire, with a change to FTA and and an addition to the Freesat EPG?? It could equally simply be a move prompted by the UKTV divorce.

Really, Yesterday and Drama went FTA on 8/12/15 and subsequently joined Freesat, with Yesterday +1 going FTV and Dave +1 remaining as a pay channel, so it will be coming up to exactly 4 years- expiration of a 4 year contract? Since this time, Drama +1 has been created from 16/9/19 and Dave went FTA on 1/8/17.

As the BBC are the major shareholder of Freesat and it's losing money, it would make sense for them to put these channels onto Freesat. As well as increasing their reach for advertising purposes, the extra income that the BBC pays to Freesat for them to be listed will reduce the losses that the BBC has to pump into Freesat- effectively making their addition free of charge. This should also please ITV too.

I think that there is a good chance that Dave +1, Yesterday +1 and Drama +1 could join Freesat before Christmas :)

Stevenvc19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3x Edision Primo S2:
30W
5W
0.8W
4.3E
9E
13E
19.2E
28.2E
My Location
Willebroek Belgium
New tests have appeared for Dave ja vu and Yesterday +1 (Dave Ja Vu is currently labelled as 25114) on 12.129 V, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

As this is a UK spotbeam, this might be an indication that the contracts are now about to expire, with a change to FTA and and an addition to the Freesat EPG?? It could equally simply be a move prompted by the UKTV divorce.

Really, Yesterday and Drama went FTA on 8/12/15 and subsequently joined Freesat, with Yesterday +1 going FTV and Dave +1 remaining as a pay channel, so it will be coming up to exactly 4 years- expiration of a 4 year contract? Since this time, Drama +1 has been created from 16/9/19 and Dave went FTA on 1/8/17.

As the BBC are the major shareholder of Freesat and it's losing money, it would make sense for them to put these channels onto Freesat. As well as increasing their reach for advertising purposes, the extra income that the BBC pays to Freesat for them to be listed will reduce the losses that the BBC has to pump into Freesat- effectively making their addition free of charge. This should also please ITV too.

I think that there is a good chance that Dave +1, Yesterday +1 and Drama +1 could join Freesat before Christmas :)
No more sign for Dave +1, nor Yesterday +1 on this transponder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV with built in Freeview/ Virgin Media TiVo V6 box
My Location
UK
This article says that Dave Ja Vu (Dave +1) is already there and that Yesterday +1 is due to move to this frequency shortly:

These are still encrypted, presumably to fulfill any carriage/encryption contractual obligations.