My analogue rambling

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
I doubt many TVs sold in the Eastern Bloc had adjustable audio as DK was a deliberate policy to censor Western broadcasts.
Probably not able to adjust as sold, but I'd say there was a way for people to get around that either by modifying the TV, or using a converter in a similar fashion to that used by some in East Germany. Worth remembering that Poland was a SECAM country up until the early 90's.

Pride Of Cucamonga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cheap piece of junk Spanish (Tecatel) 120cm(x110) dish, Inverto Ultra twin LNB and Sky HD box.
My Location
Valencia (city)
It also (sort of) went the other way as well. In Yugoslavia there was a TV channel for the Italian speaking minority in Koper-Caprodistra in Slovenia. For much of the 70's and 80's it was unofficially relayed across Italy, including Rome, because many in Italy had little choice in channels other than RAI (though the Swiss RSI and Tele Monte Carlo were similarly 'relayed') and TV K-C defied most Eastern European stations of the time by not being stiflingly boring.

Interesting stuff. Easy to forget that at the time TV in most of Western Europe was borderline communist too! - i.e. a couple of conservative state run channels. Have any knowledge of who provided these relays and if they were legal?