New CF card - still no Barry Allen

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
I'm posting a screenshot of the log posted by Dreambox Control Centre of my latest attempt to install Barry Allen - this time on a brand new CF card inserted, by the way, while the Dreambox was disconnected from the mains. Neither the Dreambox or control centre seem to have sensed the presence of any CF card because it's not listed anywhere where one you look (files, information on Dreambox, etc.). The barryallen installation program got itself into a twist because it found movies on the hard disk (surprise, surprise). Now I don't understand all this talk about mounting and dismounting - reminds me of the Lone Ranger and Tonto jumping into their saddles from a hayloft. It's also pretty hard to maintain equlibrium (not to mention sanity) in the face of such a recalcitrant piece of hardware/software. It's obviously designed for megamasochists.

Attachments

• Barryallen instal screenshot.jpg
    Barryallen instal screenshot.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 91

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If I recall correctly when I put the cf card into my 7020 I had to format the card - I used flashwizard pro to set the multi boot up on my 7020

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please DONT start duplicate threads for the same topic it causes duplicate effort from folks trying to help you - Ive deleted the second one.

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
Sorry about the duplicate thread - it was a mistake. The browser froze for about 5 minutes when I pressed "submit new thread". I thought at first that it hadn't registered so when the picture unfroze, I banged on the 'submit new thread' button again. When I saw that the new thread had been duplicated I rushed to find out how to delete the second one. Gave up after 15 minutes of searching for a delete button. I'm sure there is one but it escape my eagle eye.

With regard to Analoguesat's suggestion, I'd already tried Flashwizard Pro, but it doesn't work with Dreambox DM8000 - or at least not with mine.

Anyway, the whole software system has gone to the dogs - I'm presently trying to figure out how to reinstall dreambox software (the basic operating system) over the mess on the onboard flash thing. I've reset it to the factory setting (about 15 times over the past couple of weeks), but it still seems a total mess. I've been searthing the web for a comprehensible (in both sense of the word) way of doing this, but without success, probably because the search terms are too inaccurate.

By the way, when the Barry Allen install procedure doesn't find the onboard flash or the CF card - which it didn't in my case - it goes for the next best thing, the hard drive, from which it erases everything before saying it can't install itself.

That's the second time I've lost The Nutcracker ballet from Dresden Opera in glorious HD since xmas. Makes you want to cry.