New Image but Same OSD!!! Help please!

mazen_094

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have finished flashing my Mutty 200s receiver with a new AB Enigma image.

As far as I can see, flashing went ok where the receiver showed the upload percentage then it displayed Eras then Flash then Done :-doh2.

HOWEVER, after booting, the On Screen Display was exactly the same as that of the previous image (i.e. the official DGStation one). The only change was the boot loader image and all other interfaces were VERBATIM!!!

Excuse me if this quesiton is stupid but this is the first time I flash a receiver and have no clear idea if the previous steps indicate sucessful flashing. Help is DESPERATELY needed :-worship.

Many thanks in advance for your help. :-wave

mazen_094

Reaction score
Hi again,

Ok guys let me update you with what I have found recently. In fact the whole thing has been changed (i.e. bootloader, kernel, root, db, etc...) but all newly-downloaded images have the same skin as that of the original.
The drawback of the original skin, other than its unsightly looking, is that it doesn't view the strong features available with AB Enigma image.

mazen_094

Reaction score
SO the question IS:

Why do I have the same skin everytime I download a new image regardless of its name??

Help please.. And many thanks in advance

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I'm not familiar with your receiver or AB Enigma, but you can probably install new skins.

Check wherever you downloaded your image from.

mazen_094

Reaction score
Hi m8,

It turns out that everytime I download a new image, I technically download a complete image but the downloaded image has the same skin as that of the original regardless of its source.

I've recently downloaded an image from Ab Enigma website and found it to have the correct skin referred to in forums. So the problem is solved now after I used the files from abcom original website.

I am recently downloading a new SifTeam image and hopefully it will work. You know the terrible thrill waiting for the turtle-like serial to finish downloading then erasing then flashing.... where in the mean time you don't know whether the box will wake up or die.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
mazen_094 said:
Hi m8,

It turns out that everytime I download a new image, I technically download a complete image but the downloaded image has the same skin as that of the original regardless of its source.

I've recently downloaded an image from Ab Enigma website and found it to have the correct skin referred to in forums. So the problem is solved now after I used the files from abcom original website.

I am recently downloading a new SifTeam image and hopefully it will work. You know the terrible thrill waiting for the turtle-like serial to finish downloading then erasing then flashing.... where in the mean time you don't know whether the box will wake up or die.
When changing from DGS based images to Enigma and vice versa always use an image preceeded with all, I think you must have been using a noboot image. Bootloaders for each particular type are included in the "all" images.