New Linux Technomate

trygveth

Reaction score
Hi Site Service ! I fully agree and enjoy what you say. I have the same good experience with the TM-9100. All bugs underway to perfect with UR9Beta2 was clearly my own fault, not the tuner's ! I see many unfair quoteings here against the TM-9100. Instead of critizising, please find the right help info first ! There's much nessesary learning underway to gradually better understanding of this Linux tuner. It is in fact much up to the owner to get the best result with the TM-9100

EDW

Reaction score
Site Services,

Glad to hear you got everything going. Did you have to add anything to UR9 beta2 to get the emu going using FTP or did you just use the control panel and download the latest control panel, emu, config, and satan keys? Maybe keys were out of date when I download them.

What kind of hard drive have you got? I hear Samsung spinpoint is quiet and cool.
Would be nice to record to MMC in the future if the 10 gig cards get really cheap.
I assume it's possible.

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
Hi EDW

First of all, I'm running the original TM 009 firmware in the box's flash and have installed iBoot to allow extra images to be run from my MMC (2 gig). Using iBoot, I installed various images to the MMC. At the moment, I prefer UR009B2 so that is my default boot choice.

My favorite installed softcam is Mgcam 1.24 which with correct keys works flawlessly, this is working alongside the latest Gbox and Gbox Reader 2 which allows me to use my UK providers card in the 9100.

Also installed (by FTP using DCC) is Satan Key Updater which, when selected from the control panel, will toddle off and get hold of the latest keys for me. Sometimes they can be a little slow in getting them on the server so ftp'ing the latest keys to the softcam file is always an option.

I'm afraid I can't tell you which hard drive I've fitted without opening up the box, it's a 500 gig though, the only one I had lying around.

At the moment you can't record to MMC athough expect a new image release from Technomate, in a week or so, amoung other things this promises to allow MMC recording. The list includes:-

Fixed and improved diseqc 1.2 & memory
Fixed lip sync bug
Fixed pvr recording bug
Improved pvr stability
Improved receiver stability
Fixed rebooting bug
Improved picture quality
Improved sound/audio levels
Added multiple audio tracks in recordings
Ability to record onto mmc (memory card)
Fixed audio track detection

Oh, I can also stream from PC to 9100 AND 9100 to PC

Thats about it for the moment. That's why I'm so happy with it at the moment, does everything I want - and more.

kitkat60

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomat 9100 triax dish 1m disqu motor
My Location
durham
iv,e upgraded from ur006 to ur009b2 but cannt seem to download from green button cams keys nothing can anyone help

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
kitkat60 said:
iv,e upgraded from ur006 to ur009b2 but cannt seem to download from green button cams keys nothing can anyone help
When you upgraded, did you allocate a new password to your box and re-input the box ip address in 'expert setup - communications'?

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
been looking for a 9100 but i can only find the super ones with the extra memory at 150 pounds .checked most site they have all gone.

EDW

Reaction score
kitkat60 said:

Open Dreambox contol centre and check you are connected to router.

ur009b2 has login as 'root' password is blank.

EDW

Reaction score
Site Services said:
Hi EDW

First of all, I'm running the original TM 009 firmware in the box's flash and have installed iBoot to allow extra images to be run from my MMC (2 gig). Using iBoot, I installed various images to the MMC. At the moment, I prefer UR009B2 so that is my default boot choice.

My favorite installed softcam is Mgcam 1.24 which with correct keys works flawlessly, this is working alongside the latest Gbox and Gbox Reader 2 which allows me to use my UK providers card in the 9100.

Also installed (by FTP using DCC) is Satan Key Updater which, when selected from the control panel, will toddle off and get hold of the latest keys for me. Sometimes they can be a little slow in getting them on the server so ftp'ing the latest keys to the softcam file is always an option.

I'm afraid I can't tell you which hard drive I've fitted without opening up the box, it's a 500 gig though, the only one I had lying around.

At the moment you can't record to MMC athough expect a new image release from Technomate, in a week or so, amoung other things this promises to allow MMC recording. The list includes:-

Fixed and improved diseqc 1.2 & memory
Fixed lip sync bug
Fixed pvr recording bug
Improved pvr stability
Improved receiver stability
Fixed rebooting bug
Improved picture quality
Improved sound/audio levels
Added multiple audio tracks in recordings
Ability to record onto mmc (memory card)
Fixed audio track detection

Oh, I can also stream from PC to 9100 AND 9100 to PC

Thats about it for the moment. That's why I'm so happy with it at the moment, does everything I want - and more.

Yes, good box I think, more work required from me. Got the chanell list on now (captains) was my fault did not press the last button to reload chanells -doh.

Still not got emu working. Oh well one thing at a time.

EDW

Reaction score
Right sorted out emu problem

VAR/Keys folder that the mg_cfg file is set to 755 (attributes right click)

Put keys in manually with FTP, downloading latest satan's does not seem to work.

Won't bother fitting a HDD for PVR, will wait and buy 8 gig MMC when feature becomes available. Less noise and heat.

hary63

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
england
i need softcam for technomate 5200d usb

A nonymous

Reaction score
Exactly which part of this thread relates to the Technomate TM5200 :confused

Or am i missing something :-doh2

You could try posting in the correct section as you may find you may have more luck.

The TM5200 is not a linux box and does not use softcams as such. It uses modified firmware instead. try posting your question in the right section and i may give you the answer you are looking for :D

:-beer

Nano