New Passion+ s/w buglist

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
I haven't installed the new s/w yet but I'm interested to know, for lack of buglist/bugfix from Fortec, which bugs the new s/w has or hasn't fixed, and any new ones you've noticed so far.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
icarusi said:
I haven't installed the new s/w yet but I'm interested to know, for lack of buglist/bugfix from Fortec, which bugs the new s/w has or hasn't fixed, and any new ones you've noticed so far.

Installation (V1.1.0 from usb stick) doesn't seem to 'complete' from menu>channel edit>s/w transfer>system update. Completes to approx 70% then stalls at boot screen and 'file 1' on VFD. Pressing stb 'ok' completes the install, with progress reported on VFD (but not 'on screen' as per previous update).

New bugs:-

1) Existing channel list channel numbers all set to zero. Doesn't seem to prevent moving channel order, or selecting from on-screen lists. Factory reset brings new numbers but only for 28.2E. Reloading old list from menu>channel edit>factory reset>channel recovery brings back only 0000 numbering (assuming a menu>channel edit>factory reset>channel backup had been done)

Bugfixes:-

1) timer recordings can be 'red button' selected from the 'grid' as well as the '7day' EPG and appear in the 'timer' window.

2) USB *so far* showing 'usb initializing' rather than 'not ready, not FAT32' warning for valid FAT32 format hardrive.

Bugs not fixed:-

1)Rewind if used more than once (per viewing) returns to the point when last used irrespective of current position. Bookmarking current position, if you remember to do it, will generate a return point. Sometimes pressing pause before rewind will prevent this.

2)Moving to some radio channels causes silence (JazzFM in new list). Using channel up/down can get the sound back. 'Seems' to happen less on the old channel list, so could be bad new channel list data from Fortec.

Bbigfoot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400irc
80cm Dish
Invacom 0.3 LNB
ToH 3.3 5.7.

P4 Xp home
3.2 pro.
My Location
Tyne Wear
Hi icarusi,

Can you find a work around for this bug, it only
started in the last 2 weeks.

Passion + is rebooting after 10 seconds when I
switch to (BBC HD) Telenor, Thor, 0,8w.
Canal + SD Channels are OK (NO Reboot), it seems it
a HD Glitch.

Thanks

BF...

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
Bbigfoot said:
Passion + is rebooting after 10 seconds when I
switch to (BBC HD) Telenor, Thor, 0,8w.
Canal + SD Channels are OK (NO Reboot), it seems it
a HD Glitch.

The only reboot fault I've had so far was when trying an 'epg' recording from the new feature on the 'i' (blue button) info pane. It didn't engage properly and left an onscren message which couldn't be removed by any button press. It eventually rebooted and I couldn't repilcate that fault a second time.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
New 'features':-

1) usb>management>HDD external power support>on/off

2) usb>management>live rewind>5 min/30 min/off
If selected 'off' with HDD disconnected or switched off can't select '5' or '30' min til HDD reconnected and/or 'initialized'.

When 'off', 'pause' gives 'timeshift' with 1 hour shown on 'i' indicator.
When '5 min', pause gives 'live rewind' with 5 min shown on 'i' indicator.

3) 'recording' option now included on now/next info pane. From 'now' event 'Warning' notice appears after next completed minute, recording starts 1 minute later. Use red record button for instant record, press record again and <> buttons to select duration.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
New bug:-

Scanning not working properly. Frequencies stepped through, strength/quality bars light but no channels found or saved. Old channel data lists work, selectable by up/down rc buttons, but no channel numbers shown just 0000.

It seems this is not a 'bug' but due to lack of any documentation or explanation from Fortec as to use of previous channel data lists and how its 'scan' operates. Business as usual from Fortec.

Bugfix:-

HD channels selected correctly on Astra 19.2, previously needed to select an SD channel before an HD selection would display.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
bug/annoyances:-

After a power down and power up:-

1) If the 'all channels' reset has been used rather than the 'freesat channels' the freesat 7day epg menu option is always deselected.

2) The front usb socket is deselected in favour of the rear usb socket. This can be useful if channel list data is saved to a hard drive connected to the rear usb. The same to a front connected drive prevents booting as the P+ always autofinds the channel data and hangs waiting a front panel 'ok', which loads that data, or disconnect front usb to fully boot.

3) Any items in the timer list are lost.