News in English on Digitalb

artcyprus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
System in Cyprus, with DigitALB on Eutelsat W2
My Location
Cyprus
Hello. We are subscribers to Digitalb in Cyprus, and enjoy the movie channels very much. What we don't seem to be able to receive from Eutelsat W2, however, is any English language news channels.

CNN seems to be available on the satellite, although it is not listed on the Digitalb package, and I would have thought have been visible using a Conax CAM. All we get is from this, thought, is sound and no picture. None of the other usual news channels (BBC World, France 24, Al Jazeera) show up either on internet channel listings for Eutelsat W2 or scans (in the hope I get one from a neighbouring satellite).

Has anyone else managed to get any English language news channel subscribing to Digitalb, particularly this CNN broadcast on Eutelsat W2, or do we just have to live with what we have?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
CNN is not part of the DigitAlb package so it wont be available to your DA sub.

Put a dish up for Hotbird 13E and you will get several English language news channels.

artcyprus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
System in Cyprus, with DigitALB on Eutelsat W2
My Location
Cyprus
Thanks - I did know English language news not part of Digitalb, what I am after is news on whether anyone else has managed to receive any FTA news channels in English with a dish pointing at Eutelsat W2.

If not never mind, but I don't really want to put another dish up and have the place looking like Jodrell Bank.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There are no fta English language news channels on 16E

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
As mentioned, Hot Bird 13E has few news FTA channels in English
- CNN (FTA at the moment from Sky Italia package)
- Euronews
- BBC World

You might be able to use the same dish, as the difference between Eutelsat W2 on 16E and Hot Bird 13E is only 3 degrees. Try adding another LNB or consult with a professional installer.
Hot Bird is stronger than Eutelsat W2.