No support from Gemini?

pant

Reaction score
The last 2 new images v4 and v4.1 are not available for the 5620 dream.At least I cannot find them.Did gemini stoped the support for our receiver?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Several of the image makers have dropped support for the 5620

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yes, that is correct. I have read in the IHAD site that they might have a newer version out at one stage, but that will be only to fix some bugs/issues trather than a new image.
As a 5620 owner I can't see why we need a new image anyway, the gemeni maxvar seems to be working ok and does everything I ask...

pant

Reaction score
T_G said:
Yes, that is correct. I have read in the IHAD site that they might have a newer version out at one stage, but that will be only to fix some bugs/issues trather than a new image.
As a 5620 owner I can't see why we need a new image anyway, the gemeni maxvar seems to be working ok and does everything I ask...

So u like that your box will no more be up to date from gemini.
By the way I heard that there is a new function at v4.1 like etorrent or something but guess what?I cannot tried it.
Anyway its my hobby.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
pant said:
So u like that your box will no more be up to date from gemini.

Not sure I like the tone of this, mate. At the end of the day I got that box so I can watch TV. That was some time ago, when there were maybe 2 Images and the box would crash all the time. Since then the box got all the development it can have, including recording, card sharing, email and god knows what. It does not crash any more, an dit does everything I need.
It is not a matter of like it or not, every thing in this world that is stopped being produced will eventially stay behind with new developments. Maybe there are other images that will continue to be produced...If fiddling with your box is so important to you, then get a new dreambox.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
New Gemini for 5620/triax in IHAd ! :) No maxvar though. :(

Cheers, pcd.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yeah, as they announced. Apparently there is so much in the blue button there isn't space left. I am staying wih the older version...

pant

Reaction score
PCD said:
New Gemini for 5620/triax in IHAd ! :) No maxvar though. :(

Cheers, pcd.

Good news.
Thanks gemini