My Satellite Setup
DM8000 HD 2TB HDD
Enigma Release 3.2.1 2011-11-10
Gemini 3, 0.45 r2
Webinterface Version: 1.6.8
Apple MacBook Air, OSX 10.7
My Location
Switzerland
Hello everyone, after about 3 weeks of fighting with my new toy I've finally got it just about up and running as it should be, with one notable exception. No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get any kind of useable EPG, and it's driving me mad! I'm sure there's a very good, and no doubt very simple reason for it, but having scoured the forums and trying just about everything possible I'm stumped and I need help!

All I want is a straight forward 7 day EPG for the standard Freesat (or Sky FTA) channels.

I'm running Enigma 2, release 3.2.1, with Gemini 3, release 0.45-r2.
I've got CrossEPG 0.62 (svn 300)

The Enigma EPG refresh is configured to run overnight (saving to HDD), favourite channels selected, no joy.
CrossEPG has been similarly configured, again no joy.

At best, all I get is now & next, and only then after actually tuning to a given channel.

I've read threads about using a Hip Hop radio channel but I can't find it, so is there a specific channel broadcasting EPG data which I need to include in the update?

What am I doing wrong?
Grateful for any help or ideas that anyone may have, cheers!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

HMS_Basel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000 HD 2TB HDD
Gemini 3, 0.45 r2
My Location
Switzerland
Topper, thanks for the reply, I've seen that thread but he was at least getting some data into the epg whereas I get nothing unless I actually tune to a channel, and then only now & next. I checked and copied the crossepg settings but it's made no difference. I'm sure I'm missing a trick somewhere...

JanHJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90
VU+ Solo2
My Location
Gothenburg Sweden
Try this:
Select "OpenTV providers", Enable "Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)", back, select "Download now"
That should do it!

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
once you have downloaded the data, you have to reset the box for the epg to appear

HMS_Basel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000 HD 2TB HDD
Gemini 3, 0.45 r2
My Location
Switzerland
Well, I don't quite know what it was, but something I did while playing around with the box last night has worked, I have masses of epg data without tuning to the channel first, result! :)
Now, if I could just figure out exactly what it was...! It wasn't the box restart, I was doing that already after reading the previous threads but thanks anyway.

As far as I can remember, all I did was remove all previously selected providers from the crossepg list, then reselect only the "Rytec UK XMLTV (XEPGDB repacked)" option. I don't know why it wouldn't have worked before if I'd selected that one and the "Sky UK OpenTV" option for example but that's all I can think that I've actually changed.

Anyway, I finally have epg data so I'm well chuffed. Thanks for taking the time to help, now I can hopefully enjoy my investment!
Now, what's the best guide to display all this data...?

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
the opentv option is broken at the moment, so stick with the XEPGDB option for a while.

blue button - graphical multi-epg