Olympic 24 HD Channels on Fortec Star Passion+ Juddery

PaulH66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ (PSU PCB labelled: F101 and T2AL 250V; C201 capacitor blown 19-Apr-2012)
My Location
London
Hi

I have tuned in the 24 Olympic BBC channels on satellite the Fortec Star Passion+

The SD versions are fine, however, the HD versions are stuttering after a few seconds just like the channel 4 HD problem on DVB-S2.

If you record them they are fine. If you pause them for a few seconds and then play, i.e. timeshift, then the playback the paused channel fine so you are watching a few seconds behind live but no stuttering.

Was there ever a fix for the stuttering on DVB-S2 as I think whatever was causing Ch4 HD stuttering is the same problem with the Olympic HD channels.

Or is everyone else got the 24 Olympic HD channels working fine
Paul

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Not sure about Fortec Star but they are fine on Sky HD box and Vu+ Uno.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
I think the Beeb must be using a different encoder (probably similar to C4) as I am also seeing this problem. I have reverted to SDs beacuse the quality is quite good anyway, as its based on the HD tranmission anyway. I think its more to do with the encoder rather than DVB-S2 , because there are no problems on the ITV S2 channels.

technoant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD Receiver 90cm Motorised Dish
My Location
West Yorkshire
Same here using Fortec Star Innovation Motorised System , all Olympic HD Channels via 28.2E are jerky, Channel 4HD and the new HD channels via 19.2E are also jerky, I emailed Fortec Star quite awhile ago asking for the problem to be looked into and the possibility of a firmware update, however, no reply and on their website it states TECH SUPPORT FOR LIFE!!

I`ve contacted fortec again but I don`t hold out much hope.

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 super combo, motorized and oval dish
My Location
London
I know this is wrong section but just to let you know I have got the same issue with TM-6900 HD Combo Super it is very .........
If anyboedy know how to fix it I would be very happy.
Thank you.:mad:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
technoant said:
however, no reply and on their website it states TECH SUPPORT FOR LIFE!!

I`ve contacted fortec again but I don`t hold out much hope.

Dont hold your breathe - FS have a terrible reputation for dropping support of older models - many folks have memories of support for numerous models being dropped 4 or 5 years ago. Ive got a junk Beta lying around somewhere if it hasnt gone into one of the electronics scrap bins up at the local tip.