Openbox s10 query

Stofer

Reaction score
Hi, After a bit of research, I finally bit the bullett and purchsed an S10. Initial report is good although it a bit of a leap from a standard FTA receiver that I had to a Linux machine.

After looking at some information on the internet, I am a little concerened that my machine may be a clone. I only received it this week and the only information I can find where they give CCid's of the genuine openbox machines is quite old.

Does anyone know of an up to date list where I can double check ?

Also, If it does turn out to be a clone, what are the implication with regards to official openbox updates ?

Thanks

Stofer

Reaction score
I forgot to add that the box came supplied with a "continental" two pin plug. I have got an adapter to use but i think it's for smaller electrical items. Is this safe or do I need a specific adapter ?

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
List in following link is up to 30 June, I think: _http://www.openboxforum.com/index.php/topic,329.0.html

Good luck

EDIT Regarding adapter for two pin plug; you could get one of those adapters that can be used with different types of pins; some just simply plug the two pins into the two base holes of a three pin socket; I believe I have read concerns about this before but I am also aware of many many many people in different parts of the world who do this without blinking.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Normally the dealer is responsible for supplying the necessary adapter, boxes are generally low current, so using an adapter isn't of concern.

I have a couple of receivers with euro plugs at home, and I'm afraid that I just bung them in the rectangular holes too, it is quite common, seen it a lot on my travels.

Stofer

Reaction score
Well, I've owned the box for a couple of weeks now and although I'm fairly impressed by the S10 and what it can do, I'm a little dissapointed with the tuner. I seem to struggle getting some channels on 26e that I used to get quite easily on a lidl special !!

Is there such a thing as a signal booster similar to what you can get for terrestrial tv. I know a simpler answer would be to get a bigger dish but I don't think I'll be able to persuade the Mrs and also i'm hesitant to if the comag was managing it.