Advice Needed Pace DS820NS PVR with HDMI Output

A

Archive7

I have a Pace DS820NS HD receiver that I used with Sky Italia 12 months subscription.
The receiver has HDMI output connector that goes to TV and a SCART connector that I used to record using a Pioneer DVD recorder in SD quality. No Component connector unfortunately.
As the receiver doesn't have PVR software, I am just wondering if it would be possible to record FTA HD channels to start with (and if I get a cheap solution I might subscribe again to Sky Italia) to a standalone device using the HDMI output connector, or this is impossible because of HDMI restrictions?
Hauppauge has HD PVR boxes, but I don't want to spend money only to find out that it has HDMI restrictions.
Any other solution would be greatly appreciated.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
There are a couple of solutions to this. I use an AnyHD recorder which records direct to USB sticks and HDDs defeating HDCP from HDMI component or composite video (however costs around £200). There are also devices such as the HD fury .

A

Archive7

There are a couple of solutions to this. I use an AnyHD recorder which records direct to USB sticks and HDDs defeating HDCP from HDMI component or composite video (however costs around £200). There are also devices such as the HD fury .
I found the AnyHD recorder on ebay, but they have this warning
Before you order.
1. If the HDMI source with HDCP protection, it is not able to record. (JB firmware could be available on some forum)
Also, will it record in *.ts format (keeping all the audio channels and subtitles) and can I view the recordings on PC?
Thanks. Looks like a good box so far.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
I found the AnyHD recorder on ebay, but they have this warning
Before you order.
1. If the HDMI source with HDCP protection, it is not able to record. (JB firmware could be available on some forum)
Also, will it record in *.ts format (keeping all the audio channels and subtitles) and can I view the recordings on PC?
Thanks. Looks like a good box so far.
On tthe ebay auction I got mine from they actually posted a link to the JB software update.

From the user manual
It uses H.264 TS format, which guarantees very efficient compression and timely delivery. Both
digital and analog input/output audio are supported through HDMI, RCA or phone jack interfaces. Recorded video can be played back on any media player, Blu‐Ray Disc player or PC/NB that supports AVCHD M2TS file format.

BTW the device is a development from recorders that have been in use for a while in medical applications - recording outputs from various scopes - endoscopes, cystoscopes etc. Somebody had the bright idea of then applying that technology to the AV market.

Last edited: