Status
Not open for further replies.

g2tkh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asia sat3 &pas 7/10
My Location
ksa
I am stationed in Eastern Part of Saudi Arabia. I have Humax5400 STB.
If I want to adjust my dish on Pak sat, what are the procedures I should adopt to get my dish aligned. I am ameture in this business but have I some know how about satellite systems. the footprint clearly shows the area having quite strong signals. Is it possible to get dish orientation done with my STB.
Please help & guide me. Thanks evrybody in anticipation.
g2tkh

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
g2tkh said:
I am stationed in Eastern Part of Saudi Arabia. I have Humax5400 STB.
If I want to adjust my dish on Pak sat, what are the procedures I should adopt to get my dish aligned. I am ameture in this business but have I some know how about satellite systems. the footprint clearly shows the area having quite strong signals. Is it possible to get dish orientation done with my STB.
Please help & guide me. Thanks evrybody in anticipation.
g2tkh

Hello g2tkh and welcome to the forum. :)

The first thing you need is to get the most information about your intended new satellite such as it's position and it's relation to your present satellite.
Also check Lyngsat for it's channels list so that you can scan one of the FTA channels from one of the transponders.
I tried to look up what is pak sat and failed, so try to post more information so that other members can try to help you.

First important thing to do is to mark your present dish position so that you can put it back again, otherwise if you don't get the alignment correctly, you will have a black screen.

A sat meter can be very helpful, if you don't have one or don't want to buy one, then you might be able to use your digital receiver and a portable TV.

You will need a friend to help you when you start with this project.

What is your dish size by the way? Add this info to your profile so that others can see it.
If you have never done this before, then you will need good luck and a lot of patience.
In the meantime, Good Luck. :)

nightrider083

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 Turksat, Arabsat, Nilesat, Paksat, Asiasat3s, Intelsat 7/10
My Location
Dubai
hello, PAKSAT-1 will need 6feet dish and C-band LNB and its rit next to PAS10 which you already have near tuksat... good luck....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
He is probably already sorted - this thread is over 3 years old!

Thread closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.