passion+ help needed please

carychris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion+
My Location
west country uk
Hi

Firstly sorry if this is not in the correct section, I am new to this.

I purchased a Fortec Star Passion + HD satelite receiver package a couple of weeks ago. I have been able to scan the satelites and got around 2000 channels, however, O do not seem to be able to sort them into either regional or favourites order despite following the so called instruction manual.

Thanks in anticipation
carychris

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi, welcome to the forum.

It's a lot easier to sort your channel lists if you use the editor program from Wolfgang Litzinger's Setedit site -

_http://www.setedit.de/SetEditPassion_en.html

You need to purchase it, but it's far better manipulating your lists on a PC than through the Passion receiver menu.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
I don't know which station numbering format you're using but if it's the 'fixed' Freesat numbering it probably won't work. I found the global 'sorts' on FTA/scrambled, alphanumeric, and per satellite worked in the 'menu' system provide they were used in the right order. IIRC moving stations only works in 'all sat' mode although you can select them 'per satellite' you need to exit, then re-enter 'all sat' to find the 'real' station number, then move it to the start station number of that sat in the entire list of stations. IIRC Freesat mode 'favourites' (or genres) are fixed only the multi-sat favs can be user-set.

carychris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion+
My Location
west country uk
Thank you for your reply, I will show this to OH when he gets in from work, hopefully he will understand it all.

Thanks for your time
carychris