barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
Hi,

Help SWMBO is angry,

can any one help the sound goes off after about 4 hours for 1-3 seconds then comes back again and then keeps doing it, has anyone else had this problem, if so what was the fix,
I assume it could be a heat problem, the unit is free standing on a flat surface. what component could it be?

Regards

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey near guildford
Hi,

Help SWMBO is angry,

can any one help the sound goes off after about 4 hours for 1-3 seconds then comes back again and then keeps doing it, has anyone else had this problem, if so what was the fix,
I assume it could be a heat problem, the unit is free standing on a flat surface. what component could it be?

Regards

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey near guildford
sorry this problem seems to be the TV,

here is a review of the TV from _http://www.housecharm.co.uk/review/75-792910/all_reviews.htm

Review of Digitrex CFD2271 black 22" 1080p Digital LCD TV And DVD Combi by: andrew schofield on 2nd December 2009
Reviewers Rating:

Buyer beware check this tv as soon as you take it home has a problem with sound on dvd player and on some models on the main volume.
1.Sound cuts out now and again just for a couple of seconds whilst watching dvds.
2.Some of them you have to turn up on to full volume just to hear the programme you are watching.
GOOD POINTS.
Superb picture quality.
I bought one of these tvs from currys with the sound prob on the dvd player took it back and they gave me another to try,took it home and yet the same problem,went back to the store and asked for another but before going home asked to try in store this one had the volume problem.So i got a refund its a shame television looks very good and does have a superb picture but you need to sort out the volume issue DIGITREX get that right and you have a good product.

so beware, if you are buying this Television

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey near guildford
sorry this problem seems to be the TV,

here is a review of the TV from _http://www.housecharm.co.uk/review/75-792910/all_reviews.htm

Review of Digitrex CFD2271 black 22" 1080p Digital LCD TV And DVD Combi by: andrew schofield on 2nd December 2009
Reviewers Rating:

Buyer beware check this tv as soon as you take it home has a problem with sound on dvd player and on some models on the main volume.
1.Sound cuts out now and again just for a couple of seconds whilst watching dvds.
2.Some of them you have to turn up on to full volume just to hear the programme you are watching.
GOOD POINTS.
Superb picture quality.
I bought one of these tvs from currys with the sound prob on the dvd player took it back and they gave me another to try,took it home and yet the same problem,went back to the store and asked for another but before going home asked to try in store this one had the volume problem.So i got a refund its a shame television looks very good and does have a superb picture but you need to sort out the volume issue DIGITREX get that right and you have a good product.

so beware, if you are buying this Television

geraldo4u

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat & Digitrex CDF2271
My Location
Kent, UK
I purchased the Digitrex CFD2271 a couple of days ago from PC World in Marshwood, Canterbury and on playing a DVD using nothing but the TV & intregal DVD player, I was having a problem with the sound cutting out every few minutes for a few seconds then coming back. On replaying it always happens at the same point. I then play the DVD (Which is New & Genuine) on my old DVD player linked to a different TV and it plays fine. I have not yet linked this unit to TV stations so I am not aware if this will be fine? I took the TV back & they exchanged it. I am having the same problem with the new one. I have tried more DVD's (All Genuine) and they all show the symptons though to varying degrees, Essex boys for example plays for about the first 15 mins before only one short silence, on rewind and play again it always clips at the same point. I am taking it back for refund tomorrow.