Planet Rock

S

Steve Steve

Internet radio is perfect for Radio 2 and others. (At certain times of the day),,,,Buffering probs etc...........But Planet Rock is blocked internet radio streaming to Germany......So i don't have that option...:-(((........

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Galaxy,IBU single,Technomate 5402M3
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Try Classic Fm,think that's in stereo :-lol

S

Steve Steve

Does.... classic fm....play....." the mighty "....Andre Rieu....?...:-)....
.....your just posting that.....because I went to one classical gig......that I didn't really want to go to...:-(((......

Last edited by a moderator:

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Planet Rock now only in Mono 80 kbps MP2 Dab quality is getting worse only listen occasionally now I prefer to listen to internet radio via Roberts Stream 83i through stereo system,

Internet Radio is much better:-
Atlantis.fm,Classic Rock Radio,The Arrow ect ect all 128 kbps Stereo MP3 or better some in 192 to 320 kbps Stereo,

Dab could be better but they prefer to cram as many stations as possible at lower bit rates that provide audio quality not much better than Medium Wave :(
I'm listening to Arrow now online and I listen at work when its quiet using the app on my phone, in my last work place I'd often have it blasting in stereo when I was on the night shift on my own lol

For internet radio the quality is just as good as CD, I managed to catch a bit of Pink Floyd on Arrow the other day when wearing my wireless cans and it sounded unreal (Brain Damage/Eclipse)

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Is that Arrow Classic Rock on 23.5E because that's in stereo and sounds really good...11914H27500. :-beatles

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex

Attachments

• astra-3b_europe_ku_band_wide_beam_L.jpg
    astra-3b_europe_ku_band_wide_beam_L.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 51

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jesi,Italy
It's in Dutch so the ads are less obtrusive :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
There's a thread somewhere in which Arrow Classic Rock is mentioned.
It's in Dutch so the ads are less obtrusive :)
Which was exactly my point in that thread!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Steve

Cough. Expat shield. Cough.

Worked fine for geolocked radio services in Poland 18 months ago!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191

S

Steve Steve

Thanks for the "expat shield"..sugeston .."Analoguesat.. :-) but .I only have Apple gear....and expat shield don't seem to work..with iPad , iMac & iphone......for Internet radio ....I use my iphone in a docking station connected to my hifi..... to stream available radio stations....

S

Steve Steve

Hi guys...Just a Quick Update........I found a solution to my Mono Planet Rock prob....Its a App on the Apple system called OOTunes and costs 5 Euro..and works great in Munich......is steams at 112 kbps .....in Stereo.. and sounds ok...But not as good as the satellite sound used to be...but ..still... its better than Mono.......And you get a little pic of the album artwork too.....bonus ..:-)

A nonymous

Reaction score
Its on FM where i live on 105.2

Sounds nice and clear in good old FM. That frequency used to be used by Kerrang until it went to DAB.

I still miss listening to the Temple of Doom on Kerrang. He does have a 1 hr slot on Planet Rock but its just not the same.

S

Steve Steve

Your a lucky chap.Nano....with PR on FM..!........After looking into the state of DAB Radio...in the UK ,,with the low Bit-rates, Mono...bad coverage etc......I don't know why anyone would now bother spending money on DAB..equipment.!......And after seeing the Ads on UK TV.....Promoting the advantages of DAB..?..are there really any....?...

BTW.....My mother living in Harrow ,North London told me this morning ...she can not receive LBC on DAB anymore ..and has switched back to FM..?....

A nonymous

Reaction score
I know Harrow well. I lived on Kenton Road 5 days of the week for over 18 months whilst i was working down there.

DAB wasn't brilliant in the van when i was down there. Went back to FM rather quickly. I will be a sad day if radio goes the same way as TV did. I cannot see the point of Digital radio at all.

Nano

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Those of us of a certain age yearn for the days of rapid night-time fading whilst listening to Pirate Radio under the bedclothes.

S

Steve Steve

Get your self DAB radio 'Tivu'.....you will prob get the same sound quality/experience all over again.... :-) ....

Nano..I Can't remember where Kenton Road is .....Do you mean Kenton Lane.?....With the library on the corner of a junction...?....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Fortunately we can't get DAB signals here anyway!

Mind you, I said the same about DTT but have nevertheless cobbled together a solution of late.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Nano..I Can't remember where Kenton Road is .....Do you mean Kenton Lane.?....With the library on the corner of a junction...?....

I used to stay near the big Sainsbury store next to the train Station

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
BTW.....My mother living in Harrow ,North London told me this morning ...she can not receive LBC on DAB anymore ..and has switched back to FM..?....
LBC has gone nationwide on Digital 1 so needs a retune.

S

Steve Steve

Sorry Timo.....i missed that reply...but thanks for the tip............I think my mum just sticks to FM for LBC these days.......Bu i will tell her to try a retune....

Anyway ....Just thought i would report the Planet Rock is now available online again...with no blocks for foreign countries and in Stereo..!!.....Great stuff .......But satellite is still in Mono.....