Premier League / Sky 3 pm footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
this is a bit of speculation, but I wonder if they will ever show 3pm footy ?

If you look at Sky italia's offerings , they show a lot of footy through a lot of channels , both in hd and sd , and I assume that the clubs get paid and that would compensate for any loss through the turnstiles. Then what is stopping 3pm footy in the uk being on tv ? Most likely current contracts and satellite capacity . The contracts run out soon and the capacity at 28.2 will increase very shortly with 2 E F and G , so they will possibly be able to, if the desire was there.

The last thing the Premier league needs is having all these pubs showing 3pm footy using foreign decoders, especially if they are going to sell it themselves . They have probably seen how successful showing 3pm footy has been and they are missing out on the action!
We will have to wait and see , but there is a chance that Sky / Premier league could make even more money out of football !
I wonder .................

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Cala d said:
Blame FAPL - they are terrified it would affect gates at the lower league clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.