Problem in streaming DVDs from PC to STB

mazen_094

Reaction score
Hello All,
After many trials I got thte vlc plugin working on my box. However, DVD streaming is still a great mess although file streaming is running quite well.
I can browse all the media files from my box and play many file types, but the vlc application crashes and shuts down when I press the green button and choose the first track to play a DVD.

By the way, it turned out that you need to have the common interface EMU working before you switch to VLC application. Also, the box image should be as clean as possible with least modifications to factory configuration. Otherwise, nothing will play successfully. I got the vlc working only when I tried a fresh image on a recently flashed reiceiver.

My box is: Relook Mutant 200s
My image: Gemini 4.6 by drhg

Any one has tried this before? Please help :confused

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Although I cant say for sure what the problem is for you, I can say from experience that streaming to a receiver via VLC can be problematic. Certain files will play without any problems, while others will keep crashing, sometimes not till near the end of the film when it annoys most. :(

Take a look at the crash logs (if there are any) for clues as to what is causing the problem.