Advice Needed Problems with VU+ Solo SE V2

A

Archive7

I have two problems setting up a new VU+ Solo SE V2 that I bought for a relative.

1 - When I leave the receiver on Deep Standby, I expect it to operate only when I switch it on.
But for an odd reason, it seems to switch on during the night even when there is nothing to record (nothing in the timers setup) and I have set the EPG to work only on manual.

2 - When the receiver switches on, it always starts with a certain channel, even though the last watched channel is a different one.

I am using the VTi latest image and I have another receiver with similar image that doesn't have these two problems.

Thanks for your help.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
How are you turning off the receiver?
Using blackhole, which is based on the original VU+ images, the receiver stores upto about 20, last viewed channels, in the memory, accessable by pressing the < > keys, at the bottom of the remote.
My receiver, VU+ Duo 2, doesn't even switch on when recording, it stays in standby mode, so I think the turning on problem probably has something to do with a plugin, you've added, or a setting, in the setup options.
Try re-flashing your image, without adding any plugins, or loading anything extra, after backing up your channel list, using dreamboxedit, and see if the problem persists. If so try another image.

A

Archive7

How are you turning off the receiver?
Using blackhole, which is based on the original VU+ images, the receiver stores upto about 20, last viewed channels, in the memory, accessable by pressing the < > keys, at the bottom of the remote.
My receiver, VU+ Duo 2, doesn't even switch on when recording, it stays in standby mode, so I think the turning on problem probably has something to do with a plugin, you've added, or a setting, in the setup options.
Try re-flashing your image, without adding any plugins, or loading anything extra, after backing up your channel list, using dreamboxedit, and see if the problem persists. If so try another image.
Thanks.
I turn the receiver off using the off button which is setup to switch it off to Deep Standby
I switched from BH to VTi because VTi seems to have better support.
OScam and CCcam work better IMHO.
Will investigate further.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
The joys of Linux, hope you track it down mate.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I have CCcam 230, and an Oscam ymod version, working on the latest blackhole 3.0.3C, but the Oscam works better with some providers.

A

Archive7

Finally I discovered why a certain channel starts after switching on the receiver and how to change that to a different channel.
In the Channelist menu (when you have a list of channels in a bouquet or all channels, press menu
Second option is
use as a startup service
You can also press
deactivate startup service
Works like a charm.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Must be a VTI feature, in Blackhole it always starts up on the last channel you were on, unless you switch off at the rear, then it goes to the first in the memory.