Qboxhd new with this great receiver

limoncello

Reaction score
hello

I would like some advise, a friend who find it to complicate would like to give me his receiver, qboxhd, is it the same as a dreambox800?
i mean can we use same emu, can we share as server also?

thanks to help me to discover this famous qbox(from what i read)

regards:confused

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi
You should read a little bit in the threads here, lots of information.
The qbox does nto have the same cams and emus as they are different. You can do card sharing with it, but it's not as easy as with the Dreamboxes. It is getting better, but still some time away.

limoncello

Reaction score
Hello T_G

First of all Thanks for your reply...

i will read post, I began yesterday evening but didn't the right direction to take in terms of config.. which config would be the best to start a stable sharing as server?

I remember that you talked about stick usb on it, is it really the best config on this receiver? what about the best emu then?

I will look after a tutto(yes i need to start somewhere),i hope it is similar as dreambox as i'm quite familiar with it.:)

thanks again for your helpfull comment

limoncello

Reaction score
Hi again

i'm still reading and discovered one of your post
The CCam works only as a client at the moment (so does Incubus and Radarcam). So I have it connected to my Dreambox (who acts as a server) and so I can watch everything. it still has problems viewing HD channels using those cams, but I am sure it will be fixed (as otherwise what's the purpuse of the box??)
Uquote

I agree with u what's the purpose then?
Is this matter fix now or do we have to use an other emu to succeed in using this famous receiver as server?

thanks

limoncello

Reaction score
hello

i try to post something but this is not working...

i would like to understand the following

Each card is read in the slot by radar but can we reshare it to other emu?
i see that newcs was combined with radar, can we imagine to reshare the card through newcs for example?

thanks in advance

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi
Sorry, can't help you with that at the moment as I haven't got a card to try it out. I am sure this will be sorted out very soon, sharing your card from a qbox, but I am not sure at the moment. Maybe some of the other qboxers can answer this?