Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Just curious, for those who had their 500hd going dead or stuck on green. Did you end up resolving your problem by reprogramming your dream or replacing your dream. Would be nice to hear how this issue got resolved. Especially if you reprogrammed it, would be nice to hear how you did it. Regardless whose at fault, faulty programming by user or whatever.

hamedshsh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
Iran
I have almost the same problem.

I have a Dreambox 500HD with newnigma2 image. It works fine till a couple of days ago. yesterday it freezed and i unplug it, after replug it, it doesnt boot up anymore.

both RED and GREEN lights are OFF.
When I turn it on there is 5 LED on mainboard which 4 of them turned on: 1=on , 2=on , 3=off , 4=on , 5=on , does it have any meaning ?

After several times on and off it , finally it boots again and I flash it again with Gemini image, it works all the night, and i restarted it several times from the restart menu, but when i unplug it again the mainboard LEDs turned on and no boot again!

When i connect the RS232 cable to Hyperterminal, i see the below text only and it stops right after these lines:

BCM74050011
K1
K2

K3

K4

K5

Shmoo Version=3.2
DDR Freq=0x0000018C
F

it stocks here!!

Any advise ?
is there any service manual for 500HD?
is it hardware problem or software problem ?

mathew2323

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ECHOLINK EL700
90cm Kuband Dish&LNB
180cm C-Band Dish & LNB
My Location
Middle East
I was reserching about the 500HD box before buying the same.
From the PLI site the are putting a first note : "Wait 30sec. minimum to restart after shoutdown the box"
May be this is what hapening with these faulty boxs ??

Deverasuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n.a.
My Location
UK
Hi, just experienced the problem with the permanent green light.
I bought the box two weeks ago and used it in its original state. No new images or other unusual things. Then I tried to download one of the plugins that allows to fine-tune the rotor position.
During downloading he box got hung up, nothing happened anymore and I had to switch it off.
When I switched it on again it had it. No picture, no response to pinging it on the network ...
I sent it back to Germany this morning ... will see how quickly the turnaround goes

Nicky G

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
London
Seems to me there are a lot of people with the dreaded green light on teh DM500HD. I myself flashed dreamelite 1.2.4, after which the box worked fine for a day, then, when i edited the cccam.cfg file, it bricked - with the same solid green light and unresponsiveness as described here and on other forums. I have a replacement box now, but am too nervous to so much as tune channels, let alone flash an image. I think it would be really useful to capture some data on this to determine once and for all if this is a possible hardware fault, or genuinely down to early untested faulty images, or any particular functional activities undertaken by users. Appetite for this? Admin, I can't attach the table I'm suggesting, any better way of doing this?

Here are my indicative responses.
User Date Purch Image Used Bricked? If Bricked, date Poss Cause Bricking
Nick G May-10 Dream Elite BH 1.2.4 OE1.6 DM500HD Yes May-10 Edited cccam.cfg

215liverpool

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1meter dish & DM500HD
My Location
Hertfordshire
I've had a DM500HD for two months and (touch wood ) I've never had one single problem with it. These are my settings/ set up
I know some of it is probably irrelevant but you never know.

Gemini2 v 5.0 (installed on day 1 never changed.)
Cccam 2.0.11/ Newcs 1.67 (reading a Tring Card.)
1 TB external HDD through esata.
Motorised Set-up
Using UK 3 pin plug figure of eight cable. (not the euro two pin plug figure of eight cable that comes with it.)
The DM500HD is always on and never turned off.

Hope it helps with your trouble shooting.

Deverasuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n.a.
My Location
UK
I got the box back after three weeks. The delivery note mentioned 'short circuit removed, tuner replaced and firmware updated'. So far everything seems to be working, apart from the occasional lock-up which requires a switch off/on.
Will be trying an alternative image soon.