Rover DL4 copy of back-up file please

mr mutts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox, asus with dual raid in workshop, hewlettpackard laptop for work, medion dual core laptop for home
My Location
norfolk
Hi, please can anybody e-mail me a copy of the DL4 back up file from their analyser. This is accessed from the back up manager in the DL4 remote control program. My DL4 decided to update it's flash memory, after locking up, and now is about 12db out on power readings, everything else is OK. I believe tha calibration data stored is in here but Rover wont help so I am at the mercy of you guys. My e-mail is email address removed - admin I have tried using the back up copy stored internally in my machine but that is where the problem came from as that seems corrupted, when my meter rebooted it updated from the corrupted file!! Many thanks in advance. Regards Mike

A nonymous

Reaction score
Try contacting Martin Turner Direct in Newport, Gwent. The company i work for use them to repair our rover meters when they go t!ts up.

You can find the address by googling it.

Nano

mr mutts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox, asus with dual raid in workshop, hewlettpackard laptop for work, medion dual core laptop for home
My Location
norfolk
Hi Nanochickin
Thanks for the advice but I have already tried that. Rover in Italy wont help, wont even accept the meter back for recalibration!!, and Martin Turner say the only help they can offer is discount on a brand new meter, not a viable option for me I'm afraid. Will have to hope someone on the forum can help. Thanks again anyhow.

A nonymous

Reaction score
The only thing i can suggest in that case is to try and contact Gadgit at GTI Digital (Birmingham). I know he sometimes repairs his own meters and i know he has a DL4 so he may be able to help, although i can't guarentee if he can or will be able to help you.

No idea how much he may charge either.

Nano

mr mutts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
norfolk
Thanks for the pointer, I have dropped them a line so will see where we go now.
Thanka and regards Mike

tarby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skymaster 2 powered by rover
My Location
Spain
Hi Mr Mutts,

I am new to the forum, sorry to hear you are having problems, I am as well, I was hoping you could tell me how to reboot my Rover skymaster 2 as I have lost the quality bar and wondered if by accessing the back up file you mentioned if this might help me, Thanks in advance, regards Tarby