Satellite Installer Kent, SE London, south Essex.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Sent you a pm mate.

Cheers

Mark.

SkyWatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL65, Azbox Premium HD+, Azbox Mini Me, Techno mate Tm3000 D, Golden V8
My Location
London
Hi Robbo, You don't do west London do you by any chance? I have a desire - no that's wrong - need for a motorised dish and have been having trouble finding an installer. Any help greatly appreciated. It's needs to go on a chimney which can be reached via a flat roof and I think all the cabling is already in place looking for something around 80cms. Thanks,

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Which part of West London ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I try to avoid going that far round the M25 if I can, but will on occasion.

SkyWatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Robbo said:
I try to avoid going that far round the M25 if I can, but will on occasion.
Hi it's Hammersmith if that's any help.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I think I'd have to pass on that, the traffic getting there from here would be appalling, unless you can't find anyone else reputable.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
SkyWatcher - why does it need to go on a chimney? If you have a flat roof, a non-penetrating mount would be best. If you can't find anyone to do the job for you (CH?), I can help out.

SkyWatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Captain Jack said:
SkyWatcher - why does it need to go on a chimney? If you have a flat roof, a non-penetrating mount would be best. If you can't find anyone to do the job for you (CH?), I can help out.

Ah because it's necessary to have it sort of out of sight from a neighbour (who I strongly suspect will complain to the council) which the flat roof certainly wouldn't allow. I did get a call back this evening from an installer who says he can attach it using steel banding round the chimney and is sending me an quote, so that may be my best bet. Thanks for the replies.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He can complain as much as he likes, but you are perfectly within your rights to have an 80cm (or up to 100cm) motorised dish, even if you already have a sky dish, unless of course you are in a conservation area, or the house is listed.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
SkyWatcher said:
Ah because it's necessary to have it sort of out of sight from a neighbour (who I strongly suspect will complain to the council) which the flat roof certainly wouldn't allow. I did get a call back this evening from an installer who says he can attach it using steel banding round the chimney and is sending me an quote, so that may be my best bet. Thanks for the replies.

Only use the chimney as a last resort - in the mortar isnt in good condition the wind loading can cause the chimney to collapse.

A year or so back we had someone here on the forum end up with his chimney in his conservatory! The dish literally levered it off its base with the extreme wind loading in a gale.

You also have the problem with chimney installs that if the dish moves slightly you cant easily get to it to sort the realignment out.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
SkyWatcher said:

It would be interesting to see that quote, especially if it is without a survey.
Was it somebody from this site ?

N1501

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85 Brick Red Aluminium Dish,
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 dB Single Output LNB,
TM-2600 Super H-H Motor,
Vu+ Duo DVB-S2 receiver,
Stock Vu+ image V7,
Labgear PF100 cable,
Atlanta ASF304+ Sat-Finder,
4:2:2 VLC / Ubuntu,
53E to 45W
My Location
51.8ºN, 0.0ºW East Hertfordshire

SkyWatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
rolfw said:
He can complain as much as he likes, but you are perfectly within your rights to have an 80cm (or up to 100cm) motorised dish, even if you already have a sky dish, unless of course you are in a conservation area, or the house is listed.

Sorry I've been away, yes it's listed O-no the guy did come round and see it though and I'm working out where else it can potentially go now.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
SkyWatcher said:
Sorry I've been away, yes it's listed O-no the guy did come round and see it though and I'm working out where else it can potentially go now.

If it is a listed building I would doubt the authorities would allow you a dish anywhere let alone a dangerous location like a chimney stack normally you have to install a squish
-http://www.sqish.co.uk/

notorious19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
techonomate1500ci+super,85 cm dish
My Location
london
Need a sky dish put up and the cable routed to just the upstairs bedroom at front of house on 3rd floor, waiting on a new sat box so wont have to connect that up. what would the price be for the dish and install. im in the se16 area of london ?

thanks jay