Satellite radio versus Internet radio

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
The thing is, I really enjoy satellite radio, but it's not very portable. Neither is my computer, so radio in the kitchen and bedroom is limited to Long Wave Radio 4 or French, with reception varying enormously from day to day! It just so happens that I've got a birthday coming up, and my family are trained to buy me satellite bits and pieces, after consultation with me. So, what about an Internet wifi radio this time? Any suggestions on models recommended, or to be avoided, gratefully received!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Well, if somebody else is paying ....

_http://www.sonneteer.co.uk/morpheus.htm

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hughes said:
what about an Internet wifi radio this time? Any suggestions on models recommended, or to be avoided, gratefully received!
What are you going to use as the device? If you are going to use a laptop you could just stream your satellite radio to it (no need for internet radio).

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
The idea is to have a free-standing internet radio. It looks like a DAB radio, and uses Wifi to connect to the router, without needing the computer to be on. It has a large database of radio stations pre-installed, which can be added to, and grouped by genre, nationality etc in favourites lists. Makers include Roberts Radio. I don't have a laptop, and would like to have a dedicated radio, rather than a multi-functional device!