Newbie Here Set up for extra rooms

jaid40

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
north west
Hi
I subscribe to sky tv which I have set up in my living room. I presume the previous occupants had multiroom as there is a cable coming into the front bedroom from the satellite dish. I have a LG tv in the back bedroom with I presume freeview (originally thought it was freesat but not sure now). The cable in the front room was a double pin/cable (sorry don't know proper names) - I pulled them apart and extended one of them through the attic and into back of tv. I can now receive the freeview channels in the back bedroom but would like to know how best to receive more channels, namely the kids channels I get downstairs.
I can't afford to pay monthly for sky multiroom, so was hoping there was some other way? The tv has all sorts of inputs available but I really don't understand what to do or buy in order to use them. I would also like to eventually set up a tv in the front bedroom which I was going to use the other part of the sky cable for - is this the best way?
And just to push my luck even more! - what would be the best way to get tv in my third (and final) bedroom?
Any help in very very simple terms much appreciated.
Thanks

robLFC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky box / 47 lg tv / i7 16gb .
My Location
england
try 'video sender' on ebay . will allow you to watch [or change channel] whatever the sky box is displaying in main room . you can even use a receiver in each room if you buy one with extra receivers .

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Videosenders are ok but

1) prone to interference from wifi systems & other 2.4 & 5GHz radio systems

2) you are limited to watching whatever you have on the main receiver.

jaid40

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
north west
try 'video sender' on ebay . will allow you to watch [or change channel] whatever the sky box is displaying in main room . you can even use a receiver in each room if you buy one with extra receivers .
thank you. will have a look at this

parkiepie420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate tm-5402hd m3 /gibertini 1.25m sat dish 51e to 34w inverto black ultra single 0.2db lnb / titanium single output cband lnb
technomate tm-5402hd m3/triax 1.1m dish 53e to 24w inverto black ultra single 0.2 lnb
My Location
sheffield south yorkshire uk
hi jaid40 if you are looking for a video sender go for the 5.8ghz ones instead of the 2.4ghz as these are prone for interference ie turning on a microwave !!

hope this helps