gbrowne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Hi Likvid,

First, a big thanks for all the really useful stuff you have posted here and elsewhere :)

I have noticed on Denktenk there is a newer Enigma version - release date 13/10/2006 ?
w_w_w.denktenk.com/enigma/400/SF_13-10_usb_all_noboot.rar
I wondered if you had tried this with the 400s yet? I would really like to know wat bugs it fixes - is there a change log anywhere perhaps ?

I loaded Enigma in last few days and it is SO much better than the other firmware
I have tried.

GB.

s0ul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
great m8
My Location
uk
im using it atm . its good very stable . still the volume bug and also only 14 minutes free on hd but apart from thats all very stable

gbrowne said:
Hi Likvid,

First, a big thanks for all the really useful stuff you have posted here and elsewhere :)

I have noticed on Denktenk there is a newer Enigma version - release date 13/10/2006 ?
w_w_w.denktenk.com/enigma/400/SF_13-10_usb_all_noboot.rar
I wondered if you had tried this with the 400s yet? I would really like to know wat bugs it fixes - is there a change log anywhere perhaps ?

I loaded Enigma in last few days and it is SO much better than the other firmware
I have tried.

GB.

gbrowne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Hi,

Yep, I am a convert to Enigma now. Shame the remote doesn't match up to the functions though, my family are struggling having been used to the Sky EPG, but I keep telling them the new box is better in lots of other ways :)

Can I ask everyone a stupid question about uploading new images to the box under Enigma ? (current image is "SF team beta 1.0.9 4/8/06")

I tried to use the Internet update with...

menu/setup/expert setup/software update/internet update

but I get "www.anfy.cz/sfteam/relook/400/catalog.xml - 404 file not found"

This is not surprising, as that file does not actually exist on the Internet.

So I went to Denktenk and got SF_13-10_usb_all_noboot from Denktenk.

But if I try manual update, I get an on-screen box saying "Upload image using FTP to /tmp, rename to flash_image_kernel_db and press OK". When I did this, the box on the next page does not contain my new image. Stuck :confused

I am obviously doing something wrong, but in the absense of any kind of instruction manual I am struggling to see what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas where I can get more information ?

Cheers,
Geoff.

gbrowne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Please take pity on a fraustrated newbie ?

I tried to sort this out at the weekend and I am no further ahead. I just can't find out how to update my Enigma ???

Does anyone know how to upgrade an image - It goes to the wrong URL if I try 'internet update' and I have FTP'ed the new image to /tmp in the box, but I just can't install it.

Is there any more detailed info anywhere on Enigma ?

Geoff.

PS. Is the HDD meant to run all the time - even when in standby ?

bludder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 sattelite dishes with two LNB's each. Relook400S receiver
My Location
Sweden
hej, föredrar du SF Enigma i stället för DS Enigma? Du kan ju detta så alla räd är välkommna, jag behöver stöd för Newcamd....

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
bludder said:
hej, föredrar du SF Enigma i stället för DS Enigma? Du kan ju detta så alla räd är välkommna, jag behöver stöd för Newcamd....

In English in this section please.

Llew