Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
zorba said:
The price i have been quoted here is €600 for the premier package for 12 months. Whats that in sterling ?
Davecabezo,which country you in ?

Based upon todays exchange rate of 1.27 that equates to £471

davecabezo

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the replies,
I'm in Tenerife and have been using a Nannoxx but it looks as if the server has gone ti** up. I'm tempted to get the official card but would obviously prefer a cheaper method like card share but really I'm a complete novice and don't know where to start. I would join a paid server but again how do you know if they can be trusted. Any further help would be appreciated.

Dave

rdsou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TATA Sky
My Location
Bangalore, India
Hi Guys,

Im in Mangalore , India and require a Showtime Smart Card. I called up my brother in the Middle East who said the Smart Card was available for $400 .

I have a question though:

Using a 90cm dish in India can i pick up signals for Showtime ? Showtim broadcasts on Nilesat so im unsure if i can pick up signals using a standard dish.

Please let me know

Thanks

Rajesh

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
rdsou said:
Hi Guys,

Im in Mangalore , India and require a Showtime Smart Card. I called up my brother in the Middle East who said the Smart Card was available for $400 .

I have a question though:

Using a 90cm dish in India can i pick up signals for Showtime ? Showtim broadcasts on Nilesat so im unsure if i can pick up signals using a standard dish.

Please let me know

Thanks

Rajesh

I doubt if 90 cm dish will get you all the channels from Nilesat.
You might as well try to receive Amos satellite while you are at it.
So before investing in the smartcard, clarify this point first.
You will need also a receiver with Irdeto embedded CAM or CI Slot supporting Irdeto PCMCI module.

sini1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ART,PEHLA,ORBIT,SHOWTIME
My Location
DUBAI
HI Rajesh

u can use 130 cm parabolic dish ,in noth india some places can recive the signel.
in techniclly there is no footprint pls click the link. also smart card from dubai its working only in nilesat showtime channels. From AMOS 1,2 is different pakage and language (HEBRU) its for israel .first u cach the signel from nilesat

_http://www.satcodx.info/NIL/NIL101KB.jpg
_http://www.satcodx.info/AMO/AMO002ME.jpg

rdsou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TATA Sky
My Location
Bangalore, India
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your answers. I called up and found out furthe details about it.

Apparently the SHowtime Card cannot connect to a normal receiver ( I have DTH provider TATA Sky in Mangalore)

It needs a Dreambox (probably hacked ? ). The costs are quite high too :

Showtime Card ( $1000) !! and Dreambox ( $400) .

Also i will need to have a far bigger dish that 90cms.

I saw the Nilesat coverage but since South India doesnt show im not sure if i will suceed in catching signals which such a huge investment.

If someone has idea about it ( or already tried them) please let me know.

Rajesh

BIGste

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised & 2.4m fixed on Costa Blanca, Spain
First of all let me say that I've been involved with installing motorised dishes for the last 20 years or more so I know what I'm taking about. I moved to spain 6 years ago and now live on the Costa Blanca. To get Showtime in UK you need the Family package as a lot of games are not on the sports package. Dish size is dependant on where you are but 2.4 is unlikely to be big enough to get the lot. In Spain I can get it on a dustbin lid but I use a 1.2m channel master, I also have a 2.4m. Cost of the card for 12 months family package is close on £400. It will only work on certain boxes so you'd neeed to check which box you have and ensure it's going to work. It will work on most of the modern boxes with built in emulators. Best option is a Protek 9600 connected to the internet. The server was down for a short time but not during the footy season. Showtime show every premier game and will do for the next 3 seasons at least. Hope that helps a few people but remember that in the uk you are unlikely to get the full package due to dish size.

q80greg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
System set up in Kuwait but Lifetime receiver does not work - require help
My Location
Kuwait
Can somebody tell me if it is possible to receive Showtime Channels in Istanbul. I am currentky living in Kuwait where I have a showtime subscription.

Do I cancel it or bring my box and card to Turkey with me ?

Thanks
Greg

q80greg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kuwait
By the way in Kuwait you can now subscribe to Showtime Sports ONLY (none of the soaps, films or other stuff) for 6KD (around 12 pounds or 24 dollars) per month.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
We pick up showtime here on a 85cm dish so should be okay for turkey. Take the box and card with you,they can't trace you.Also on the sports package you will receive the over spill channels show series extra,comedy extra,shasha extra,extreme sports even when there is no football.

q80greg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kuwait
Thanks Zorba,

From what I can see, Cyprus is well inside the Nilesat footprint, but Istanbul is a couple of hundred miles north east of you.

Does anybody in Istanbul receive Showtime, and what size dish do you actually use ?