Signal problems with DB 500hd

Chris07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dremabox 500 HD
My Location
Tirana
Hello everybody,

since some months i have a new db 500 hd (original) but many channels are just black and in the major of the cases are those related to hd channels. Even those who can be viewed often do not guarantee a constant connection. Before i had a simple 500s and i had no problems. Signal levels of the 500S were:
SNR 91%,
AGC, 85% and
BER 0%
while with the new 500 hd my SNR is not anymore expressed in percentage but in decibels and this makes it uncomparable for me.

Does anybody know if the following parameters mean a good connection or a bad one? in the second case how can this be fixed? what would be optimal?

actual parameters for db 500 hd are:
SNR from 8 db to 12 db
AGC from 5% to 6%
BER 0%
INternet connection: ADSL 2MB

One more thing: lately i am noticing a little "shhhh" as noise coming from the tv..is it related also to the above mentioned problem?

thanks in advance anybody could help as i am thinking seriously to call some guy and check the dish position but before wanted to share this with you...just in case smb else experienced that as well..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think it's a signal problem, more a decryption problem, if you are card sharing, then it'll be a problem with the server and if it's a commercial one, then we can't help here as we don't agree with commercial card shares and do not allow discussion of them.

The shhhh noise is more than likely that you have the audio turned down too low on the dreambox and you are having to overcompensate with the TV volume.

Chris07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dremabox 500 HD
My Location
Tirana
rolfw said:
Don't think it's a signal problem, more a decryption problem, if you are card sharing, then it'll be a problem with the server and if it's a commercial one, then we can't help here as we don't agree with commercial card shares and do not allow discussion of them.

The shhhh noise is more than l;ikely that you have th audio turned down too low on the dreambox and you are having to overcompensate with the TV volume.

wow...thanx a lot for your fast answer...i will definitely try what you say concerning the volume and let you know..

however thanx again for your support