SKY DIGITAL INSTALLATION.

J

Jiggy

Is it possible that you can have Sky Digital and not have the satellite outside your house as I stay above a church and there aint no way they are gonna let me put a sat up outside.

Can the signal be received in an attic or is there a detachable bracket or am I just beating my head against a brick wall.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The satellite MUST be outside the house. In fact it has to be in geostationary orbit above the equator.

The DISH ;-) can be inside the house, looking through a window so long as it has a clear view to the satellite, that the window is not too dirty or covered in condensation, etc. Also note that some glass and plastics attenuate microwave signals (or are opaque to them) - but you should be ok.

2old

J

Jiggy

Cheers m8, all I have to do is convince the spotty guy that fits them to bend the rules for me.

I have to say Sky Digital really are the worst helpline Ive spoken to...I work in a call centre and if any of the guys I know spoke to customers like the wizened crone I spoke to today then they would be fired without hesitation.