swiss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Computer : Vista
My Location
Switzerland
Hello,

I write from Switzerland, where slingbox isn't available yet...:mad:

I wonder if it's possible to buy a french or english slingbox to connect it to my set-top box from the swiss IPTV provider : Bluewin TV?
Has anyone already tried or knows if it works???

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
swiss said:
Hello,

I wonder if it's possible to buy a french or english slingbox to connect it to my set-top box from the swiss IPTV provider : Bluewin TV?

I don't think that Slingbox has a nationality.
It is just a gadget
You can order it from the USA, but I suggest you look for it in Switzerland satellite, electronic and video shops first.
What do you want to do with it?

broadscaler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish
My Location
Los Angeles USA
swiss said:
Hello,

Try _http://www.parkmytv.com have been using them for a few months and works like a charm :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, buy a slingbox from any European seller and it should be fine, there are lots available if you google them, plenty on ebay as well.

swiss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Computer : Vista
My Location
Switzerland
Yes, but the software Slingplayer doesn't recognise my box (I haven't one yet, but I've read it on some others forums) and you can't control the channels through Slingplayer. If someone change the channel with the remote control at home, it changes the channel in Slingplayer as well!...

I know that some people has fixed this problem with "homemade" modifications in the source code, like IR code and so on. But I don't know all this stuff...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
swiss said:
Yes, but the software Slingplayer doesn't recognise my box (I haven't one yet, but I've read it on some others forums) and you can't control the channels through Slingplayer. If someone change the channel with the remote control at home, it changes the channel in Slingplayer as well!...

Errr - its doing exactly what its supposed to - if you want uninterrupted viewing you have to connect it to a second source at home

harmojim

Archived Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My name's Jeff and i'am italian. I like computer and music.
My Location
Zurich
Hello it is ok for your box ? je suis de Genève et jchez moi elle marche tip top, i'm from Geneva and it work very nice. if you want to test with Canalsat france :-) Contact moi

A bientôt / See you soon

P.s : tu es de quel canton ? Where Kanton do you come from ?