lmuralidharan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY + box with single lnb + output .

Freesat enabled HD TV
My Location
Slough
Hi all,

Currently have a sky minidish with lnb ( single output + cabled to the living room) installed in early 2003. I have a sky + digibox and a freesat capable LCD TV.

Hence need to upgrade lnb + cabling so that I can record + watch on sky+ as well being able to switch to watch freesat HD channel without fiddling.

I am unable to commit to a 12 month contract to upgrade to SKy HD box and hence this query.

I live in slough..

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
sorry i am in italy
but if you do not move the dish you can buy a dual lnb and run the line parellel with the existing line.
the lnb can be changed and as long as you do not move the dish it will still be in alignmant.

do it your self.
:-hny
ralph

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
ralphmagno said:
hello,
sorry i am in italy
but if you do not move the dish you can buy a dual lnb and run the line parellel with the existing line.
the lnb can be changed and as long as you do not move the dish it will still be in alignmant.

do it your self.
:-hny
ralph

Sky type LNBs no longer come in dual/twin, only Single, Quad or Octo, so he could fit a Quad himself.

I agree: Do It Yourself (Subject to safe means of access, of course!) :-thumbup

lmuralidharan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY + box with single lnb + output .

Freesat enabled HD TV
My Location
Slough
Thanks for the advice folks.

Unfortunately, the dish fairly high up and haven't got a ladder to reach that and probably going to cost me more than what a pro would do it and do it properly. Also the cable goes over the top of the roof - Got to add to the fact that I am no good in DIY.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
lmuralidharan said:
Thanks for the advice folks.

Unfortunately, the dish fairly high up and haven't got a ladder to reach that and probably going to cost me more than what a pro would do it and do it properly. Also the cable goes over the top of the roof - Got to add to the fact that I am no good in DIY.

Fair enough!

Cables over roofs are not a good idea.

A proper Installer will try to avoid such practices (which also include leaving cables draped in gutters) and if you do get a non-cowboy to help, they will at least give thought and due consideration to running the cables internally.