twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Hello fellow members.
Could someone please advise on what I should do as my new Gigablue Quad plus has crashed and is displaying a blue screen with the message as follows: your stb has encountered a software problem (and mentions at the end a fatal signal).
I had just completed a download of various plugins.
I am using Openmips 4.3 image.
At the moment the box is unusable.
Regards Twingang.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I do not know if I can be any help as I have no experience of these boxes but would suggest there should be some sort of recovery feature. At its very basic low level this would be in the form of Jtagging or higher than that flashing the image again. Plugins should be downloaded and applied one by one rather than selecting a bunch of them in one go, after all if you added an app to your mobile phone you would only do that one by one

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
I do not know if I can be any help as I have no experience of these boxes but would suggest there should be some sort of recovery feature. At its very basic low level this would be in the form of Jtagging or higher than that flashing the image again. Plugins should be downloaded and applied one by one rather than selecting a bunch of them in one go, after all if you added an app to your mobile phone you would only do that one by one

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Many thanks for your quick response Topper.
I will give it a try.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You just need to reflash a new image to the box. It sounds like what ever you downloaded has corrupted the image in flash memory. From past experience there isn't usually a way back from this by ftp/telnet unless you want to spend a lot of time faffing about trying to repair the corrupted files, its quicker just to flash a new image and start again. Its likely the image on the receiver would have made a backup anyway which should hopefully return all your settings back once the image is re-installed. Backups usually only works if your installing the same image as what was on the receiver previously.

If the backup causes the image to corrupt again, reflash again and setup from scratch.

Now would be a good time to try another image like VIX or OpenRSi unless you want to stick with OpenMips.

I did have a similar message on my old Gigabue 800Se, a reflash sorted the problem out so its probably a similar thing. On my 800se the plugins i installed caused the box to run out of memory.

Make sure you get the right image. If you flash a Quad plus image to a standard Quad or visa versa it will brick the box. Hope you get it sorted.

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Many thanks for your advice, I had already tried flashing it with open mips 4.3. However , the Openmips image that was on the box was loaded online whilst I had openATV installed.
So I don't know exactly which version the Openmips 4.3 is.

A nonymous

Reaction score
What i mean is make sure its the right one for the receiver. Gigablue introduced the Plus range which was basically an updated set of receivers to replace their earlier models.

You can get the Gigablue Quad and the Gigablue Quad plus. You have to make sure the image is the correct one for your receiver.

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Manicscrewdriver thank you again, you have solved my problem and my quad plus is now up and running.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
what image are you using now?